Mates just shake their heads (BCD change on crank spider)

NotSoBigBen

Tired of looking for blades for this strange BCD .... getting my alu welder/fabricator mate to change it to 104BCD

Maybe it'll work, maybe not?

20220325_115636~2.jpg

26 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

if he's going to slot the holes then maybe you found a cheap sort of biopace...??

He said he'll cut off the 'arms' and just put 4 back on in the right place? I mean if it's not 100% round doesn't matter ... we ride with oblong blades anyway😜

Yoh, that'll hurt if the welds let go

But stupid question: Isnt it easier to just get a new 4 armed crank driver? 

1 minute ago, 117 said:

Yoh, that'll hurt if the welds let go

But stupid question: Isnt it easier to just get a new 4 armed crank driver? 

Yes and yes but hey I've done crazier things ...

2 hours ago, Mtree said:

This we need the end results of!

Pics or it didn't happen!

He reckons I can have it middle of next week ... will be sure to post pics of the mod. The 'other' pics I'm hoping not to have to post!

23 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

He reckons I can have it middle of next week ... will be sure to post pics of the mod. The 'other' pics I'm hoping not to have to post!

I wouldn't go near to putting it on my bike....it would always keep me wondering when its gonna let go. Plenty of reasonably priced cranksets here. I bought a used Shimano 10sp crankset for my roadbike on the Hub about 10 years ago. Still going faultless. Some things shouldn't be done the backyard way and I think this is one of them.

18 minutes ago, love2fly said:

I wouldn't go near to putting it on my bike....it would always keep me wondering when its gonna let go. Plenty of reasonably priced cranksets here. I bought a used Shimano 10sp crankset for my roadbike on the Hub about 10 years ago. Still going faultless. Some things shouldn't be done the backyard way and I think this is one of them.

Not something I'd put on a bike I ride lots though, probably on my potter around the neighborhood city bike ...

• 2 weeks later...