7 Weeks to get ready for Amohela Classic

Friends kinda convinced me to join them for this weekend. 

While it isn't the most brutal of distances (44km and 66km +- but with more climbing than I've ever done in higher altitudes than what I'm used to)

I can't say I'm the strongest rider at the moment. I'm sure I can manage a 40km with around 500m of climbing at a max of 15km/h pace at the moment. Paltry FTP of 180w trying to pilot my 110kg 1.79m ass up hills. You can see where I'm going with this.  

At my disposal I have my smart trainer with the Wahoo Systm package and trails for the weekend ranging from Red Barn to Buffelsdrift etc. 

Big thing is to shed at least 5kg before the time at the very least. Anything more will be a massive bonus. 

Any recommendations on what type of training would benefit me in the next 7 weeks +-? It would be 6 if I factor in 1 rest week before the event. 

My suggestion, given that you have SYSTM access, is to choose the plan with the event date (Sunday) as the end date. See the summary below for what to select. I would choose 2:1 (work to recovery weeks), so that you have 2 blocks of 3 weeks.

A3105191-1637-446C-9F2C-56B23BC6C8A9.png.bb52a0ffe9366d325014054bc0516cda.png

Your 7 weeks can be done as follows:

* 7-day prep for the Full/Half Monty 4DP test
45560594-09C2-43C7-91A1-16B1BDCC148E.png.e0df3115fbe1ba4bf4187c82f230ff31.png

Then:
* 6 weeks of 2 on, 1 rest week
69BFB527-D155-4F75-BE78-7B564CA36CFC.png.15ef0219449bca43c88aa15e710293f1.png

45A54A64-5330-4206-AC88-ADCE63D8BF3E.png

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

While it isn't the most brutal of distances (44km and 66km +- but with more climbing than I've ever done in higher altitudes than what I'm used to)

I can't say I'm the strongest rider at the moment. I'm sure I can manage a 40km with around 500m of climbing at a max of 15km/h pace at the moment. Paltry FTP of 180w trying to pilot my 110kg 1.79m ass up hills. You can see where I'm going with this.  

At my disposal I have my smart trainer with the Wahoo Systm package and trails for the weekend ranging from Red Barn to Buffelsdrift etc. 

Big thing is to shed at least 5kg before the time at the very least. Anything more will be a massive bonus. 

Any recommendations on what type of training would benefit me in the next 7 weeks +-? It would be 6 if I factor in 1 rest week before the event. 

Hate to break the news to you before you put in the heavy training Steady... But I owe you a beer. I'm buying at the finish on day 1

👍

19 minutes ago, 117 said:

Hate to break the news to you before you put in the heavy training Steady... But I owe you a beer. I'm buying at the finish on day 1

👍

Sounds good to me!

5 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Get your diet sorted out. That’s going to be your biggest win. You can loose about 4kg in that time and add power just through good diet 

5 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Get your diet sorted out. That’s going to be your biggest win. You can loose about 4kg in that time and add power just through good diet 

First thing that changed today. Still fasting 18/6 but changed what I eat when I feed. 

Completely cutting processed and refined everything and doing balanced meat/fish/veg diet. 

3 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

First thing that changed today. Still fasting 18/6 but changed what I eat when I feed. 

Completely cutting processed and refined everything and doing balanced meat/fish/veg diet. 

Good proportion is also key as fasting isn't really sustainable

If having 5 meals a day then :

Breakfast = 2portions protein, 2 portions carb/starch + 1 portion fruit.

mid morning snack: 1 portion protein, 1 portion carb

Lunch: two portions: 2 portions protein, 2 portions carb 2 portions fat

midafternoon: 1 portion carb, + 1 portion fat

supper: 5 portions protein, 2 portions fat no carbs and add fibre to fill

figure out how many calories you need to function on a normal day and increase your calorie burning and decrease on the days you do nothing

• 3 weeks later...

More than enough time to find a e-bike 🤣

Just ride as much as possible, get good time in the saddle. 

Diet to lose weight you will lose power and energy as well. 

16 minutes ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

More than enough time to find a e-bike 🤣

Just ride as much as possible, get good time in the saddle. 

Diet to lose weight you will lose power and energy as well. 

Then that is a poor eating plan 

Scratched from the ride. Just too expensive at the moment. 

But I'm continuing with the training. 

Time on the bike is limited due to a damn saddle sore but I can still run and lift weights (boet). 

Eating plan is also working well. Shedding some fat and definitely maintaining and building some muscle. The tape measure is moving and the scale stays the same.