Bust Crank Spindle, Warranty?

CatzSpace "frail"

Yeah, ok, I'll submit to that. 

So glad the info provided was not leading us astray. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

IMG20220517165729.jpg.2452e3cbf2cb2702e8e8263701934f66.jpgIMG20220517165739.jpg.487a16b88d355faadd4d8e82eb40f955.jpgIMG20220517165752.jpg.908c03cde60fe5b3cb74eed611fe116b.jpgIMG20220517165759.jpg.95b1e8470bcc48e7ab03e622043dcd92.jpgDavid. I have a 175 mm crank set without chainrings you can have. BB included, used but still OK. 

Think it is 130BCD, must just confirm. Will post pics just now.

It's an old Truvativ, but stil serviceable. Maybe another Hubber can help you with chainrings. 

Hello Andre

I have Blades, Specially designed

26 minutes ago, PhilipV said:

Sjoe, it seems the loud hubbers are the new ones. A lot of you obviously came on the scene after he ducked under the radar to hide in the Karoo. 

For the record, Frail would ride from Cape to Jozi, ride the 947, and then ride home the next day. He counts that as three rides, and is more than what some people ride in a year. He has also done a lot for the betterment of society, at no gain to himself with his monster rides. 

Frail got hurt badly and his roller coaster recovery ride was long and arduous. And iirc this bike was built up shortly before that accident out of what he could find. 

Frail is one of those wholesome members of society that deserves to be protected solely for what he does, even before you meet him. The old hub would have rallied around and sorted him out with a crank, but alas, thehub has become like the comment section on news24. 

THANK YOU SIR for your support 

34 minutes ago, PhilipV said:

Sjoe, it seems the loud hubbers are the new ones. A lot of you obviously came on the scene after he ducked under the radar to hide in the Karoo. 

For the record, Frail would ride from Cape to Jozi, ride the 947, and then ride home the next day. He counts that as three rides, and is more than what some people ride in a year. He has also done a lot for the betterment of society, at no gain to himself with his monster rides. 

Frail got hurt badly and his roller coaster recovery ride was long and arduous. And iirc this bike was built up shortly before that accident out of what he could find. 

Frail is one of those wholesome members of society that deserves to be protected solely for what he does, even before you meet him. The old hub would have rallied around and sorted him out with a crank, but alas, thehub has become like the comment section on news24. 

Screenshot_20220517-180843_Strava.jpg

18 minutes ago, FRAIL K said:

Screenshot_20220517-180843_Strava.jpg

I rest my case. 

Let's be honest, you are an outlier in terms of use, and in your case the shimano warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. So this is just another one of the challenges you've became so adept at overcoming. 

3 hours ago, FRAIL K said:

GAME doesn't carry Stock for strongman Gearing.

42/68

That is insane gearing! My biggest gear on my mountainbike cassette is only 42 teeth. No idea how you can run such huge gears. Hats off to anyone running a 68 tooth

34 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

That is insane gearing! My biggest gear on my mountainbike cassette is only 42 teeth. No idea how you can run such huge gears. Hats off to anyone running a 68 tooth

I use a 11-34 Cassette 

15 minutes ago, FRAIL K said:

I use a 11-34 Cassette 

Can't imagine running 11-34 rear and 42/68 front. That's mind boggling. I run a 32 tooth up front and an 11-42 cassette rear and most people consider those hard gears to ride.

2 hours ago, PhilipV said:

I rest my case. 

Let's be honest, you are an outlier in terms of use, and in your case the shimano warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. So this is just another one of the challenges you've became so adept at overcoming. 

Hang on, no one is disputing the credentials of the rider. But discrediting the manufacturers warranty is a tad, um, old. 

How long do you expect that warranty to last from the OEM? 

If, perhaps, the items were purchased from a 2nd hand supplier then there can be no beef with the OEM.

What are we missing here? Why the bleating on the warranty which is clearly for rather old parts? 

I'm no veteran rider but don't judge my ability to spot old and worn parts then either. Wood for the trees 

15 minutes ago, 117 said:

Hang on, no one is disputing the credentials of the rider. But discrediting the manufacturers warranty is a tad, um, old. 

How long do you expect that warranty to last from the OEM? 

If, perhaps, the items were purchased from a 2nd hand supplier then there can be no beef with the OEM.

What are we missing here? Why the bleating on the warranty which is clearly for rather old parts? 

I'm no veteran rider but don't judge my ability to spot old and worn parts then either. Wood for the trees 

Have you  tried to warranty anything shimano recently? It was a pain when they had stock. Now I'd replace it with whatever I can find.

And in his case there is no warranty anymore, hence me saying it's about worth its paper weight as loo roll

Sidenote: Shimano warranty is 2 years, 3 years for top end parts. 

Edited by PhilipV