Bust Crank Spindle, Warranty?

CatzSpace "frail"

1 hour ago, FRAIL K said:

Whilst I was out Cycling last week, I bust my TITANIUM Crank.

How does one Brake a CRANK? (*break)

Can I claim for a Warranty, it' been Barely Used.

Please give me your thoughts, Thanks.

David 

With regards to the OP question, with whom do you wish to claim warranty from on the old cranks? 

Just bin them, search on the classifieds here for an old set of cranks like you have and replace them: https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/c/cranksets?meta_discipline[is_multi_select]=true&meta_discipline[value]=Road+Bike&maximum_price=1000

Alternatively call some of your LBS in your area and they might have an old set lying around which they can sell you

Edited by 117

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BrentCGP said:

You do know Titanium is an alloy? not a colour?

You can tell they're not titanium, because they have no welds. Also where is OP? 

1 minute ago, 117 said:

That crank got cleaned quickly too 😅

Well, I am not Cycling at the moment.

Thus I can clean it.

Bicycles, attracts a lot of dirt whilst riding, even more so when it is raining.

Posters definitely have their 'we are knowers of things, you, peasant, are wrong' hats on today.

Frail, those are old Shimano aluminium cranks and definitely won't be under warranty. What length are they?

I know a guy with a set of 53/39 silver shimano cranks looking to get a compact set.

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

Posters definitely have their 'we are knowers of things, you, peasant, are wrong' hats on today.

Frail, those are old Shimano aluminium cranks and definitely won't be under warranty. What length are they?

I know a guy with a set of 53/39 silver shimano cranks looking to get a compact set.

I need a 172.5

With 130BCD to fit 10SP

Will use my own Blades, gearing.

1 hour ago, Nakoota said:

Thant crank looks like it came from Game Stores and got stored in a mud bath :)

I feel like this in an April Fools post.

GAME doesn't carry Stock for strongman Gearing.

42/68

IMG20220517165729.jpg.2452e3cbf2cb2702e8e8263701934f66.jpgIMG20220517165739.jpg.487a16b88d355faadd4d8e82eb40f955.jpgIMG20220517165752.jpg.908c03cde60fe5b3cb74eed611fe116b.jpgIMG20220517165759.jpg.95b1e8470bcc48e7ab03e622043dcd92.jpgDavid. I have a 175 mm crank set without chainrings you can have. BB included, used but still OK. 

Think it is 130BCD, must just confirm. Will post pics just now.

It's an old Truvativ, but stil serviceable. Maybe another Hubber can help you with chainrings. 

Edited by Wannabe

Sjoe, it seems the loud hubbers are the new ones. A lot of you obviously came on the scene after he ducked under the radar to hide in the Karoo. 

For the record, Frail would ride from Cape to Jozi, ride the 947, and then ride home the next day. He counts that as three rides, and is more than what some people ride in a year. He has also done a lot for the betterment of society, at no gain to himself with his monster rides. 

Frail got hurt badly and his roller coaster recovery ride was long and arduous. And iirc this bike was built up shortly before that accident out of what he could find. 

Frail is one of those wholesome members of society that deserves to be protected solely for what he does, even before you meet him. The old hub would have rallied around and sorted him out with a crank, but alas, thehub has become like the comment section on news24.