Xtr 1x12

Matt006

44 minutes ago, babse said:

not much, its just ****

Hahaha nah I bought a bike with Red Etap (not axs). Shifting was good most of the time but had its moments of chain drop on bump shift.

Then my RD battery started dying waaay quicker than it should. Ended up most rides having to switch batteries and sacrificing FD. Eventually realized RD was killing the battery, and sent it away to CCS. Was told because it more than 2 years old, its probably stuffed and replacement cost of RD is R12k. I eventually got DA9000 mechanical upgrade kit for the same price from a mate. 

Funny how the batteries on this mechanical groupset never die 🤪

Ja look this electronic thing on the road is a bit of a crap shoot. The amount of okes with batteries dying , Di2 and Etap 11 is what put me off event going that way. 
itching to splash on a GX AXS kit for my Mtb though. The motors in the AXS derailleurs are a big improvement over the first gen 11 speed stuff but still….cables never go flat

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ACE Cycles said:

You're probably right, but when shopping for a great groupset, I don't look at mid teer. Although, I have GX AXS on my gravel bike, lightyears ahead of the Shimano XTR Di2 

I did say working class hero though. And GX axs is not mid teer. Normal gx is

Just now, MORNE said:

I did say working class hero though. And GX axs is not mid teer. Normal gx is

You're right, GX AXS is entry level AXS

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Ja look this electronic thing on the road is a bit of a crap shoot. The amount of okes with batteries dying , Di2 and Etap 11 is what put me off event going that way. 
itching to splash on a GX AXS kit for my Mtb though. The motors in the AXS derailleurs are a big improvement over the first gen 11 speed stuff but still….cables never go flat

Best upgrade you could go for on a MTB drivetrain is an AXS Upgrade Kit. Also, I have 2 kits available at crazy low prices 

4 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

You're right, GX AXS is entry level AXS

3 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

Best upgrade you could go for on a MTB drivetrain is an AXS Upgrade Kit. Also, I have 2 kits available at crazy low prices 

Haha..and theres the hook. 🤣🤣🤣

gawd you lot. You literally just proved why you cant listen to a resellers opinion…imo lol

Edited by MORNE

Just now, MORNE said:

gawd you lot.

Here's a hook for you, I have 3 mountain bikes, currently and I obviously have the choice of running anything my heart desires, yet, all 3 of them are running AXS. 

So what point are you trying to make, exactly? 

3 minutes ago, MORNE said:

gawd you lot. You literally just proved why you cant listen to a resellers opinion…imo lol

Yeah, and how did I prove that my opinion wasn't honest? 

1 minute ago, ACE Cycles said:

Yeah, and how did I prove that my opinion wasn't honest? 

I didnt say yours wasnt ‘honest’ just that it comes with …baggage😅

like having to sell stock. And its nit just you, it happens at many bike shops that have a preference for  either or and need to push a prerogative. Thats how fanboys are born and why you get stupid comments in treads like “get rid of XYZ from brand A or B and you’ll be a happy camper”

1 minute ago, MORNE said:

I didnt say yours wasnt ‘honest’ just that it comes with …baggage😅

like having to sell stock. And its nit just you, it happens at many bike shops that have a preference for  either or and need to push a prerogative. Thats how fanboys are born and why you get stupid comments in treads like “get rid of XYZ from brand A or B and you’ll be a happy camper”

And aren't you a XT fan boy saying things like, "get rid of GX Eagle and get XT 11 Speed?" 

My AXS survived 9 Days of Joberg2c in the mud. Fact

5 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

And aren't you a XT fan boy saying things like, "get rid of GX Eagle and get XT 11 Speed?”

My AXS survived 9 Days of Joberg2c in the mud. Fact

I don't own either of those and im indifferent..ill always buy what i want and im just of the opinion that you should get what you want withouth being brainwashed by people who pretend to have your best interest at heart.

ps: and you put those eords in my mount…”saying things like, "get rid of GX Eagle and get XT 11 Speed?”

where did i say that. You supposedly quoted me? Show me.

ps2: if you quote the pisstake between @Hairy and myself in the petition thread just now to prove your point..well then - straws lol.

anyway. 👍✌️

Edited by MORNE

1 minute ago, MORNE said:

I don't own either of those and im indifferent..ill always buy what i want and im just of the opinion that you should get what you want withouth being brainwashed by people who pretend to have your best interest at heart.

Maybe you should spend some time reading my client reviews, I must have somehow brainwashed all of them by pretending to offer them great service and advice. 

My point, dont paint me with the same brush as other shops. You obviously have a serious distaste towards shop owners / resellers

1 minute ago, ACE Cycles said:

Maybe you should spend some time reading my client reviews, I must have somehow brainwashed all of them by pretending to offer them great service and advice. 

My point, dont paint me with the same brush as other shops. You obviously have a serious distaste towards shop owners / resellers

Sure thing. two post ago you were the one doing the painting . Ill let you decide how that makes who look like what.

I really dont care. really.

4 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Sure thing. two post ago you were the one doing the painting . Ill let you decide how that makes who look like what.

I really dont care. really.

I only finished what you started

When you said that resellers can't be trusted and referring to me as "you lot"