Buyers Advice on Classified Ads

Hairy

11 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

That's unfortunate, it really is. Are these lower end bikes, like unde R15k? I definitely don't see this in the mid to high end

Commuter bikes are generally on the lower spectrum, but are usually seen by the purchasers as being a large monetary investment.

Student ended up on a really nice 25K hardtail

Lady was 31K if memory serves.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I left school a while ago, but I never stopped learning. 

What I have learnt in life is that if you do not share the life lessons you earned with others, then you are worth nothing, and others have to go through the same trials and tribulations you have already been through.

Define what you think a "while ago" may be?

Matric late 90s early 2000s?

2 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

If the tourists paid a professional tour operator who didn't advise them of the danger, that would be wrong. 

I don't feel professionally comfortable in sharing my opinion on a fellow competitor's ad on a public platform 

Yes, I agree with you, lawful practice and ethical practice and socially acceptable practice are all a different kettle of fish and boils down to each individual's values

"If the tourists paid a professional tour operator who didn't advise them of the danger, that would be wrong." So if they did not pay a tour operator they are fair game?

"I don't feel professionally comfortable in sharing my opinion on a fellow competitor's ad on a public platform" That is fair. Let's assume a hypothetical scenario where a hat seller is selling a used hat for the same price as a new hat, does this seem ethical.

"Yes, I agree with you, lawful practice and ethical practice and socially acceptable practice are all a different kettle of fish and boils down to each individual's values" And that is what brings us to wanting to be able to comment on "bad ads"

2 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

You called them dumb. And then you decided to edit your wording. 👍👍👍

you mean this post?
image.png.56c0c88630cea79022e7dc52f2802adf.png

1) Not at all. We have a seller, the hub and the buyer. Whoever sees them and knows better, should warn them. The analogy is hard to use in our current debate 

2) That depends. Is the hat still readily available new and in stock? Is it a Specialized hat? Is the buyer bold and about to hit the beach? 

3) Bad ads? The term is too broad. For everything else, we have the report function, but price would be impossible to police 

6 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

You called them dumb. And then you decided to edit your wording. 👍👍👍

And where did I say that I am willing to abuse my privilege? 

And please use my quote in full context, not half ass bull**** to try and paint me in poor light

Just now, ACE Cycles said:

And where did I say that I am willing to abuse my privilege? 

And please use my quote in full context, not half ass bull**** to try and paint me in poor light

You did the painting. I just switched on the light. 

5 minutes ago, Hairy said:

While we playing this game @ACE Cycles, what year did you leave school?

You hardly had the internet back then to do any research on your bike 😂

Oom Hairy, I left school in 2005