Road Bike recommendations Budget R180K

Sidmouth

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn’t go for the trek as in disc it’s a super heavy set up. When I was looking in the end it was between the aeroad, the timemachine and the reacto. I also liked the orbea aero bike. Are you looking more for an aero or a lightweight bike ?

If I had your budget I would have taken the BMC because it’s a damn sexy bike. I took the reacto and I must say it is fantastic, I upgraded what I could to make it lighter than my previous TCR adv pro 0. As far as I’m concerned it’s a faster bike than the Giant up, down and obviously also on the flat. The best spec one must really be something with the advanced composite frame and the dura ace parts.

12 minutes ago, Sidmouth said:

there is a reason so many people ride them

Scott addict also looking like an option, Im guessing supply issues are everywhere image.png.32868d45c4c3fc938fc6248f64973e6c.png

13 minutes ago, Sidmouth said:

this bike is starting to make sense, anyone know who deals with them in SA

Your LBS should be able to help.

Merida has always been good to their dealers.

Supply may be an issue.

Supply is an issue with Merida at the moment. Scott cwc and bike addict have stock

10 hours ago, Sid the Sloth said:

From one Sid to another... Storck Aerfast 4. That frame is rapid and fairly light for an aero bike. I am biased but I love that thing. And it is within your budget. Tell them Dan sent you. Also if you don't like the green get it stripped and resprayed, can probably do it within your budget if you chat to them, or send me a message and I would be more than happy to help (I would appreciate the opportunity). 

https://cycling-friends.com/shop/storck-aerfast3/68-203-aerfast4-pro-disc-dura-ace-di2-2x12.html#/3-size-l

https://bikerumor.com/storck-aerfast4-aero-road-bike-pushes-uci-limits-plus-new-fascenario4-more/ 

storck-aerfast-4-2022-1-1-scaled.webp

I recently had a look at the Storck range, Cycling friends was at the last wp league race and no where did I see a UCI sticker. Not that it means much but is it UCI approved?

@Sidmouth That Merida offers the best bang for buck for its spec. 

Goodluck with the purchase!

1 hour ago, justinafrika said:

The sit bones, hands, feet, and even me loins started tingling for action right after I clicked on that.

this is a great looking bike and good price, no stock in large

Is Wilier still in SA?

0 SLR could be an option or perhaps Filante in Ultegra spec

Personally would go with Superleggera, the name sounds HOT!

Enough shopping with someone else bossi.

Was nice to day dream.

Buy the bike that excites you.

Edited by DJuice