Groove Tool Pro by Ryder Innovation wins Eurobike Innovators Prize

News bot

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

Quite a substantial price difference from a luberetta to a groove tool.

Old Mutual Wealth came on board after the logistics were sorted. PPA had already spent the cash. This is the first year that the full weight of OMW is on board and it shows in the goodies bag.

minimal unnecessary paper

nice socks

nice tool

health snacks 

water and a nice branded water bottle 

all in a lovely useful drawstring bag

10 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Old Mutual Wealth came on board after the logistics were sorted. PPA had already spent the cash. This is the first year that the full weight of OMW is on board and it shows in the goodies bag.

minimal unnecessary paper

nice socks

nice tool

health snacks 

water and a nice branded water bottle 

all in a lovely useful drawstring bag

As far as goodie bags from races go, this is the best one in many years

3 minutes ago, splat said:

As far as goodie bags from races go, this is the best one in many years

Off to good start!

The move to braai packs post race instead of mass serving lunch for me is also a massive winner... (except if your team falls a part and cannot share a chjop post race) 

3 minutes ago, babse said:

Off to good start!

The move to braai packs post race instead of mass serving lunch for me is also a massive winner... (except if your team falls a part and cannot share a chjop post race) 

Are you saying they’re a bunch of tjops…?🤣

• 1 year later...

I got a Groove Tool Pro recently only to discover they use non-standard size hex bits, ¼” (6.35mm) hex drive is the standard and theirs are all 6mm. Now I can't customise the bits I carry by taking some of my own, for instance a bog standard Philips PH2 which should have been included in the first place or a bigger flat or whatever the need is.

Why would they feel the need to re-invent the wheel and make a daft decision like this??!

Edited by Skylark

4 hours ago, Skylark said:

I got a Groove Tool Pro recently only to discover they use non-standard size hex bits, ¼” (6.35mm) hex drive is the standard and theirs are all 6mm. Now I can't customise the bits I carry by taking some of my own, for instance a bog standard Philips PH2 which should have been included in the first place or a bigger flat or whatever the need is.

Why would they feel the need to re-invent the wheel and make a daft decision like this??!

Because… they want you in there “groove”  🤭 it’s all part of the hook, line and sinker concept. 

13 hours ago, betaboy said:

Because… they want you in there “groove”  🤭 it’s all part of the hook, line and sinker concept. 

They couldn't possibly be that short sighted, it's a bizarre choice, the 1/4" HEX standard is so common it makes zero sense to use a proprietary or non-standard size. But whatever the case is it reduces the functionality and long term usefulness of the tool, which is sad because it is otherwise a really clever little tool.