Vuelta 2022

emme

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is interesting to note that both Yates and Sivakov had excellent time trials only the day before positive Covid tests forced them out.

The red jersey team takes a knock to the ribs. The rainbow jersey crashes out. Sad scenes for the embattled Alaphillippe.

Image-3.png

If you’re not watching, the mountain goats are locking horns up the final climb out of Estepona. 💣

Who can forget how the powerful Dane won that cold, windy, wet World Champs on the island? Great finish by the Trek racer today.

Meanwhile, both tomorrow's course (stage piccie below) and Sunday's will be for the mountain goats. If you want the leader's jersey, this'll be the weekend to make bold moves. Gonna be good.

41d2d1e5734369c5983f664f405a14d1da63c487

45 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Who can forget how the powerful Dane won that cold, windy, wet World Champs on the island? Great finish by the Trek racer today.

Meanwhile, both tomorrow's course (stage piccie below) and Sunday's will be for the mountain goats. If you want the leader's jersey, this'll be the weekend to make bold moves. Gonna be good.

41d2d1e5734369c5983f664f405a14d1da63c487

weekends racing is going to be so good. 

On 8/11/2022 at 10:59 AM, Shebeen said:

8 days to kick off, endless possibilities.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/vuelta-a-espana/2022/gc/startlist

will roglic actually ride?

how can evenepoel really be the favourite, he is not really GT racepony ?

Can almeida step up and get a big result if given the go ahead and backup?

Carapaz was a bit off the pace at tdPologne, but Ineos still won with Hayter.

Hindley to do the double?

With Evenpoel having a 2:40 lead after stage 13, that post didn't age well.

1 hour ago, PaulieV said:

People who refuse to believe that Evenepoel is the new Merckx do it at their own risk  😀

The maillot rojo is dropped. Chris and his ski-jumper teammate had something to do with it on the 15% ramps. 
Mas defends and is also dropped by a very ominous looking Roglič.

Another superb stage win by the Olympic champion (who will be on a Cannondale next season)

B35CED78-7E5A-4AA9-AE85-526CD022BEB3.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

33 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

The maillot rojo is dropped. Chris and his ski-jumper teammate had something to do with it on the 15% ramps. 
Mas defends and is also dropped by a very ominous looking Roglič.

Another superb stage win by the Olympic champion (who will be on a Cannondale next season)

B35CED78-7E5A-4AA9-AE85-526CD022BEB3.jpeg

It is a very good signing for EF Education. Gritty rider and a true racer whose only real weakness is the ITT.  I was surprised that Ineos "allowed" him to go especially as there is probably still uncertainty about the recovery of Bernal. 

22 hours ago, PaulieV said:
On 8/11/2022 at 10:59 AM, Shebeen said:

Lol, it's 1:49 now. This barely had a chance to age. 

Remco got dropped, lost 48s at the finish and nothing in the last 1-1.5km by riding his own pace. For todays stage, you can’t fault that. 
I do wonder how he is health wise, he has a large bandage on his upper thigh after his crash and is walking with a limp off the bike. He needs to limit anything potentially tomorrow as his rivals will carry  confidence after today and go into the rest day. 

Mas up the road sitting pretty with an Ash-tah-na duo. And the GC leader taking in a lot of wind over an extended period of time, with the 3 time Vuelta winner, seemingly playing the patient game. It is tense up the Sierra Nevada berge.

1BCB14E7-1C4E-4AA4-B36B-3940D8812938.jpeg