Floor pump parts

paul_ct

I thought this would be an easy fix, but am out of luck with the nearby bike shops. Can one get just the head for a floor pump? I don't need the hose.

floorpumphead.jpg

Thanks for those. I don't know why I didn't see that Takealot one when I searched, Luckily it's out of stock as it'd be the most expensive part of the pump. 💸

2 minutes ago, paul_ct said:

Thanks for those. I don't know why I didn't see that Takealot one when I searched, Luckily it's out of stock as it'd be the most expensive part of the pump. 💸

Evobike also lists the same part ... also out of stock.

Maybe call Janus and hear what they can get.

I have previously bought the pipe and head set at CWC ... was cheap back then.   Dont see it on their webpage now.

Thanks also. The sw one I saw made me think it should be quite a bit cheaper to find one without the hose. I'll probably go for the decathlon one.

Got a head from Olympic Cycles in Claremont recently.........OK, it was just before the Covid lockdown..........so maybe not THAT recently. Any good old fashioned bike shop with lots of stock should have one..

On 7/28/2022 at 6:30 AM, DJR said:

Got a head from Olympic Cycles in Claremont recently.........OK, it was just before the Covid lockdown..........so maybe not THAT recently. Any good old fashioned bike shop with lots of stock should have one..

Olympic sorted me out. 👍

2 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Same boat. But, I’m looking for the presta head for a Birzman pump. 

Most of the pump heads are reversable and will work for both Presta and Scrader. Sometimes you just have to turn the rubber inserts around.

16 hours ago, DJR said:

Most of the pump heads are reversable and will work for both Presta and Scrader. Sometimes you just have to turn the rubber inserts around.

Found one at a local shop but it wasn't reversible unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Found one at a local shop but it wasn't reversible unfortunately. 

Check if it is perhaps a dual one. There are even some pump heads that work on both at the same time. No need to change anything. Scrader, Presta, no difference, just stick it in and pump (I know how that sounds, sorry). 

49 minutes ago, DJR said:

Check if it is perhaps a dual one. There are even some pump heads that work on both at the same time. No need to change anything. Scrader, Presta, no difference, just stick it in and pump (I know how that sounds, sorry). 

I know it isn't a dual one because I checked :D :D :D

3 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

I know it isn't a dual one because I checked :D :D :D

.....and bent the little thingy..........don't ask how I found out🤪

Edited by DJR