best bang for buck bibs and saddle !!!

Kingofthemountains

I need recommendations for bibs and a good saddle for mtb, and I also don't want to just throw money at it and hope for the best(I'll spend if I have to). I do between 3 to 5 rides a week(mostly on gravel), and once week a ride will be 4hour+. So on long rides the disconfort is a lot.

I need recommendations especially from the gravel community.THANX

50 minutes ago, Comrade J said:

Bib shorts, try Monton  from Northcliff cycles.

I won't ride in anything else. Have thrown away all the other expensive bib shorts

My 2c

couldnt agree more.

I’ve tried numerous bibs over the years, but got a few Ciovita bibs on special and don’t think I will go to anything else, the fit and comfort for me is second to none. On the saddle side though I find it’s more tricky as a saddle that works for you could be something on the cheaper end or it could be the complete opposite and you have to spend close to a car instalment on one. 

Bibs - Ciovita is good enough 

ASSOS - also good

Santini - also good

Saddle - Spez phenom, don't waste your time trying something else. 

Monton are better than bibs that cost twice the price but go for the suppa chamois. Go see Alex at Northcliff cycles he regularly rides over 100 km and swears Monton are best.

SQLab saddle highly recommended. Make contact with GPM sports, they bring them in locally and will sort you out with the correct saddle and size for you needs

the correct answer is.. it depends on your body and bum. what works for me might not work for you.

Personally, I like Ciovita and some old Castelli bibs I have are getting lots of good mileage

You rocking flannel shirts yet? Get a bib with pockets.

If you're CT local it's worth checking out what Go-Cycle stocks. I'm in their road racing focused bibs for 15h a week and on an unpadded carbon saddle. No discomfort.

I've tried a bunch of saddles (incl. Brooks Cambium, Ridley, Fizik) over a fair amount of time and miles, and the one that is my go-to is the Fabric Scoop Shallow - it's now on both of my bikes.

In terms of bib shorts, I've never had a bad experience with the Rapha Core bibs, long or short. If you can get them on sale, they're not horribly expensive, and they're super-durable.

bibs.

my old one was coming apart at the seam just before Around the Pot and i needed one like yesterday so walked into sportman and just got one of those First Ascent Pro elite ones. I must say they are REALLY good for the price. I was super comfy in it all the way. 

https://www.firstascent.co.za/men-s-pro-elite-cycling-bib

best bacng for buck Saddle?

Well if you go by the spez power saddle euphoria i guess the Ryder knock version vir R350 ish is a nice cheap option.

https://www.rydercycling.co.za/ryder-products/saddles/swift-2-0-saddle-324-detail

otherwise the Rapide saddles seem to egt nice reviews.

https://www.rapide.co.za/product/rapide-tf-135-saddle/

Edited by MORNE

Bibs:  Ciovita.  By far.

Saddle:  Measure yourself and then decide.  Selle Italia and Fabric are good - not so expensive - choices.  

Fabric scoop better than spez phenom for me .Monton is really good for the price .Assos still the best