[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

2 hours ago, zeerpuD1 said:

There’s something seriously wrong with seeding for this years CTCT. I am to start in group 1A (6:30 start) I should be no higher than C or D. I don’t want to start that early. Do they have any idea how early I must wake up. Will move back to start time around 7:30 - 8:00

We can swop, I’m in 1G - 6:48am 😬

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone coming down from the UK?

I need to buy something online.. I would appreciate it if you brought it with your for me. It’s 2 rubber seals. 🤲

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Bagged me another 2E this year. Could probably get it down if I query after 99’er, but it doesn't matter at all, ill be riding where the party is at the back anyway🤘

I too shall be starting in 2E!

Party bus!

1 minute ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Starting think my f5 button doesn’t work. Nothing yet for me🧐

Of all the issues of my work day and the myriad strains of life ... My ctct seeding email not arriving is what I'm obsessing about. 

#goodpriorities

The question of the moment LWB is ... Did you enter the tour de ppa?

17 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I too shall be starting in 2E!

Party bus!

So you’re saying i need to convince my wife she doesn't want to ride? (5F) 😅

39 minutes ago, throttles said:

We can swop, I’m in 1G - 6:48am 😬

No problem, just don’t know how to do that and still retain my name next to number. I’m doing my 19th Argus and aim for 21. Over 60 so time is not on my side. If you can figure a way to do it I’m fine with it👌

1H must be the international group. Last race was 2021 - jhb cycle challenge . I    Cant remember the last time I did a century,nevermind those big bumps in the road . Happy days 😁 until @Jewbacca passes me on his unicycle bmx or whatever wonderful hair-brained contraption he swings his leg over 😎

5 hours ago, zeerpuD1 said:

There’s something seriously wrong with seeding for this years CTCT. I am to start in group 1A (6:30 start) I should be no higher than C or D. I don’t want to start that early. Do they have any idea how early I must wake up. Will move back to start time around 7:30 - 8:00

Expect this group to fly at about 40km/h ....

IF that is not your cup of tea .... start with a later group.

OR .... keep far left !!!  A few groups will fly past you, and then at some point it will calm down ....

Whichever you decide .... stay safe, and ENJOY 👍👍

To those who also haven't received seeding and entered Td PPA, is the CTCT showing as an upcoming event on your Racetec results profile? Mine only shows Td PPA coming up and I'm wondering if I need to query it. Been getting the emails for CTCT though, like the medical form we have to do etc.

2 minutes ago, Kimikaze said:

To those who also haven't received seeding and entered Td PPA, is the CTCT showing as an upcoming event on your Racetec results profile? Mine only shows Td PPA coming up and I'm wondering if I need to query it. Been getting the emails for CTCT though, like the medical form we have to do etc.

Mine isn't showing up either. 

Working theory for those seeded in @ and &, that belong in $:

Race office did a license lookup on the archaic CSA system and only received matches for those holding elite licenses. Those with Junior or Vets 30-39 licenses got a false negative and were assumed to be unlicensed and thus general seeded, hence being lumped with the 40-49 and seeded or the 50+ and seeded start groups. This theory holds for those also entered for TdPPA as the broken lookup seeding system would already have you in the highest group it thinks you are eligible for.