440MTB

Low-Ballers  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you low-ball people?

• Yes, always!
    • Nope, I pay asking price!
    • I negotiate fairly!

5 minutes ago, Tim Brink said:

Every time I see this fred title, I think it's about masters racing.

I was sure you only raced in the Really Ou Toppie Class these days :P

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Think we should all make him a low-ball offer on gumtree. Then he can make an ad on gumtree complaining about people low - balling him on gumtree.

accepting low-ball offers on Gumtree is part of the terms and conditions when you place the add.

34 minutes ago, fanievb said:

what I find most concerning regarding this thread, is that no one has mentioned the Rouxtjie rule.

which effectively means that the whole sale, nevermind the "lowball" offer should have been ignored.

The Dude stirring coffee - GIF on Imgur

quality

4 minutes ago, Tim Brink said:

Don't even start me on hub names, Hairy.

Maybe Issac dan Gleeballs? 

• 2 weeks later...

What did the bike sell for eventually?

Low ball offers is obviously very subjective. I am currently looking around for a entry to mid range older road bike to ride the CTCT with. MTB gets heavy. See so many varying specs, condition vs price. Some of these adds are up for three months(still for sale) but not budging on price because it has 105. Yes it has a nine speed from two decades ago. That is why it is not selling.  

On 10/25/2022 at 2:42 PM, Shebeen said:

WTF does Low-Ball mean anyway?

why is it so special the B gets capitals?

"Low-Ball" refers to the testicle hanging lowest in the scrotum. "High-Ball" obviously refers to the top one. No need to explain why it needs to be in caps, they are THAT special.

Not cycling related but 2 weeks ago I advertise my golf clubs, brand new bag and extras for R6500.

Last night someone comes thru after agreeing on R5000. He then proceeds to point out every nick on the club heads. Now these clubs are in a great condition well looked after cleaned and polished after every use, and I hit the ball clean off the deck with least possible amount of grass being sliced off. So you nicks are barely there. He then further wants to pay another R800 less. LOL, I just laughed, said no and goodbye. The guy took nearly an hour to get to me, so all his petrol wasted.