road looks a bit narrow, and watch out for the furniture

And the fans are wild and dangerous too

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, splat said:

that is indeed random, leaning towards coincidence. pretty sure you would not get the same results for vuelta or giro*

should we not count lance, he has the jerseys (floyd too)?

if not then why does indurain count?

* that was actually quite quick.

Giro: italy 68, Belgium 7, France, 6 etc.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/giro-d-italia/nations

17 minutes ago, Nick said:

This is fun.

Lance never stood a chance against the universe correcting for Zipf's law.

of course not, he was rolling on Bontragers. Landis was on Zipps however!

ps. she got Luxembourg wrong, they have won not 4 but 5 TDFs(name 2 for a smartie prize), but hey what would a Yates know about this race anyway?

looks like Girmay is cool to race on.

could make the green jersey interesting, but his lead of 32 points means philipsen would need to do some proper mountain attacking to gain sprint bonus

25 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Did no one else think there was huge line deviation in the sprint yesterday?

Eurosport Robbie afterwards drew lines on the screen showing how everyone moved over to the barrier. But ja nee, I don't know no more.

So as far as I understand the rules (which might not be a lot), lane deviation is usually only punished if it causes danger to another rider. So you can deviate as much as you want as long as you are lucky/good enough not to have someone close behind you.

2.3.036 Sprints
Riders shall be strictly forbidden to deviate from the lane they selected when launching into the sprint and, in so doing, endangering others.

Surely the Breakaway will be given this stage, as long as it doesn't contain any GC top10 threats...

2024-07-17 10_47_06-Stage 17 - Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux _ Superdévoluy - Tour de France 2024.png

2 hours ago, dexterdent said:

So as far as I understand the rules (which might not be a lot), lane deviation is usually only punished if it causes danger to another rider. So you can deviate as much as you want as long as you are lucky/good enough not to have someone close behind you.

2.3.036 Sprints
Riders shall be strictly forbidden to deviate from the lane they selected when launching into the sprint and, in so doing, endangering others.

Or as long as everyone else deviates as much as you do whether you caused them to deviate or not

16 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Surely the Breakaway will be given this stage, as long as it doesn't contain any GC top10 threats...

2024-07-17 10_47_06-Stage 17 - Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux _ Superdévoluy - Tour de France 2024.png

Poggi wants it, I have a feeling is going to try and win all the remaining stages. 

15 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Probably ...

Altitude to low for Jonas to "try" an attack and Pogacar will probably only defend.  The sprinters wont be interested, so yeah, probably a break away stage.

5 minutes ago, Irvin85 said:

Poggi wants it, I have a feeling is going to try and win all the remaining stages. 

I seriously doubt that.  He will be focused on winning overall rather than wasting energy on stages and taking risks in the process.

6 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I seriously doubt that.  He will be focused on winning overall rather than wasting energy on stages and taking risks in the process.

UAE said they would sit on the wheels from now on and watch the race and don't want to risk anything. Therefore I think they'll chase the break all day for a Pogačar stage win.