Tour de France 2024

'Dale

The 110th edition of the men's Tour de France will take place from July 1-23, starting in Bilbao, Spain, and finishing in the French capital of Paris. The 2023 Tour de France begins in Bilbao on July 1, with a 185km route that heads out to the hilly coastline of the Bay of Biscay before returning to Bilbao for a late, steep climb of the Pike Bidea and the finish in the city centre. Stage 2 features more punchy terrain on a 210km route from Vitoria-Gasteiz to Donostia San Sebastián, with the Jaizkibel climb – well known from the Donostia San Sebastián Klasikoa – close to the finish.

Stage 3 will start in Amorebieta-Etxano and track 80km along the Basque Country coastline before reaching the French border. And that's where the official details come to an end.

Egan Bernal have personal hopes to be back in the mix after what has largely been a year of rehabilitation after that eina crash; what is Ineos's grand strategy for 2023 after the hardworking Gee's podium spot amongst the youngsters in Jonas and Tadej? What role will the stoic Primoz play?  With the Giro signalling tons of individual time trialling miles, aiming to lure some of the bigger GC stars, what will be the nature of time trialling in this edition? 

Lekka guesswork until it's all revealed.

The official presentation is on 27th October. 

Pic: Getty Sport Images

spacer.png

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

waiting to see the first course previews, I have no idea what to think as I know none of the stages... Might be a WvA kind of course as like that it doesn't look mega hilly (could be-probably am very wrong)

38 minutes ago, Jbr said:

waiting to see the first course previews, I have no idea what to think as I know none of the stages... Might be a WvA kind of course as like that it doesn't look mega hilly (could be-probably am very wrong)

Not so sure about that. The stage into Morzine includes the Joux Plane which is a beast of a climb. They're also doing the col de la loze and grand colombiere.

Oh they're also doing the Aspin and the Tourmalet on stage 6. And Cambasque. Jissie.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

There will be 21 stages:

• 8 flat stages
  • 4 hilly stages
  • 8 mountain stages with
  • 4 summit finishes (Cauterets-Cambasque, Puy de Dôme, Grand Colombier and Saint-Gervais Mont-Blanc)
  • 1 individual time trial
  • 2 rest days 

17 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Not so sure about that. The stage into Morzine includes the Joux Plane which is a beast of a climb. They're also doing the col de la loze and grand colombiere.

Oh they're also doing the Aspin and the Tourmalet on stage 6. And Cambasque. Jissie.

ah ok cool then ;)

I really hope this will be more than a 2-horse race from the get... 

I thought Remco was targeting Giro and therefore won't make the tour or still speculation?

22 minutes ago, babse said:

I thought Remco was targeting Giro and therefore won't make the tour or still speculation?

You talking about he link I posted? I don't think the oke who wrote the article knows which races the riders are targeting.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Just now, Duane_Bosch said:

You talking about he link I posted? I don't think the oke who wrote the article knows which races the okes are targeting

ah....

I really hope Mas and Bernal are right up there...

Ok so serious question. Would any of you plonkers want to watch bits of stage 13, 14 and 15 live? As in there. In person. Not on the tele. You'd only watch the start of stage 15 which starts in Les Gets. Les Gets is about 2km from Morzine.

I used to do mtb tours to Morzine as many of you know but my mate still organizes group accommodation and I'm sure he'd be happy to accommodate a few leg waxers. It's unlikely to be cheap and the town will book out FAST so send me a DM and I'll get him onto it.

BTW I've been there on a road bike and there's a LOT more than just the Joux Plane. There's actually a very good road book that the tourist info guys have put together for road routes around the area.

Oh and then there's the small matter of the largest linked lift accessed trail network in the world.

Image 047.png

Edited by Duane_Bosch