Tshwane Classic

pmswanepoel

This was supposed to be my first race, and with my 15y/o son. It boggles that entry was still sold up to Saturday afternoon, maar nou ja.

Ek is ook nou uit georganiseerde events uit, sal maar met my bende weekend warriors bly.

Dis soos om eerste soen met 'n stinkasem meisie te kry......

Die R850 sal ek maar by my bank gaan huil, voel jammer vir mense wat meer verloor het.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Genis said:

Ek is ook nou uit georganiseerde events uit, sal maar met my bende weekend warriors bly.

I feel sorry that you feel that way, as this is likely to affect other organisers doing a semi-decent job.

2 hours ago, ShyandReserved said:

So we avoid "Hectic promotions" and they change the trading name to "ACME TRADING" for the future🙄    moral is no races in the Pretoria area to be entered 

You can still trust the Rooiwal World Champs!!

28 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Maybe inform "Blue Diamond" and "Lost City" of their antics ... or should I say, the sponsors and site owners that are associated with these two events.

Canceling the event is "unfortunate" .... but taking late entry money when they KNEW they were about to cancel it ..... that's low !!!

Maybe for the late entrants .... speak to your banks to have the payments reversed ....

In the past, this event, along with another organiser who was a partner in the organising of this and other events, used to advertise "7000 entries, get your entries in, blah, blah, blah". Then race results show a 1/3 to 1/2 of the entries compared to their advertised number. Marketing BS that makes the customer think it's a popular event. 

I noticed this on the web site now

image.png.62a87fbf7bd98339603691a16ec3f75d.png

I would strongly advise against entering this event ever the future, because you can bet that 2023, 2024, 2025 etc will be the new and improved with better organization etc etc

The 2022 entry fee can be kept by the organizers, but the statement from us cyclists should be no future support at all. So enjoy the 2022 fees organizer guys.

If you wanted to come clean, just tell us how much you spent and refund the balance. At least that is honest.

(By the way, How could you still be taking cyclists money on Saturday and then no refund on Sunday, when you knew you didnt have your ducks in a row,)

**** started before Covid with "professional" race organizers "taking over" events from cycling clubs. 

Is Germiston Wheels the only club left with their own race? 

9 minutes ago, jcza said:

**** started before Covid with "professional" race organizers "taking over" events from cycling clubs. 

Is Germiston Wheels the only club left with their own race? 

Gary Beneke is involved with Race for Victory.

Not sure if Springs Wheelers still get involved with Ride for Sight.

Cresta Wheelers used to organise the Wilro; lost numbers to other "professional organisers".

Not sure about the other "road" events though.

12 minutes ago, Frosty said:

In the past, this event, along with another organiser who was a partner in the organising of this and other events, used to advertise "7000 entries, get your entries in, blah, blah, blah". Then race results show a 1/3 to 1/2 of the entries compared to their advertised number. Marketing BS that makes the customer think it's a popular event. 

Hectic Promotions also the peeps that brought back the Rapport Tour in 2021?....

Yeah that other organiser loves to include in his marketing blurbs how entries are capped at x riders despite never ever even getting half those entrants for any of the races he organise.

My biggest gripe with these people is that there is always an element of dishonesty in their communications (even for the events that get of the ground), last minute changes to the route (due to permissions that weren't in place) sold as exciting improvements to the route etc.

I would never pay myself to ride one of those events.

59 minutes ago, mudda said:

I noticed this on the web site now

image.png.62a87fbf7bd98339603691a16ec3f75d.png

I would strongly advise against entering this event ever the future, because you can bet that 2023, 2024, 2025 etc will be the new and improved with better organization etc etc

The 2022 entry fee can be kept by the organizers, but the statement from us cyclists should be no future support at all. So enjoy the 2022 fees organizer guys.

If you wanted to come clean, just tell us how much you spent and refund the balance. At least that is honest.

(By the way, How could you still be taking cyclists money on Saturday and then no refund on Sunday, when you knew you didnt have your ducks in a row,)

The way I read that is that you are entitled to a refund as the Race was cancelled. ( as opposed to asking for a refund as you didn't feel like riding anymore)?

12 minutes ago, WR 1.0 said:

The way I read that is that you are entitled to a refund as the Race was cancelled. ( as opposed to asking for a refund as you didn't feel like riding anymore)?

The plot thickens ....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://tshwaneclassic.co.za/&ved=2ahUKEwig_qnes5z7AhUXSMAKHeCNA-MQFnoECAsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw39-bRb_X6Yjv14UCXZu6hL

Refunds only if race is CANCELLED ...

Screenshot_20221107-174130_Chrome.jpg.b525e028be00ef6a344968437e437754.jpg

They claim it is POSTPONED ....

Screenshot_20221107-174119_Chrome.jpg.f67f38307e87c3e8469c3ce3d88789da.jpg

HECTIC lot this ...

The press release from Tshwane does paint a different picture ..  

10 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

The plot thickens ....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://tshwaneclassic.co.za/&ved=2ahUKEwig_qnes5z7AhUXSMAKHeCNA-MQFnoECAsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw39-bRb_X6Yjv14UCXZu6hL

Refunds only if race is CANCELLED ...

Screenshot_20221107-174130_Chrome.jpg.b525e028be00ef6a344968437e437754.jpg

They claim it is POSTPONED ....

Screenshot_20221107-174119_Chrome.jpg.f67f38307e87c3e8469c3ce3d88789da.jpg

HECTIC lot this ...

The press release from Tshwane does paint a different picture ..  

Hectic indeed, using semantics to avoid a refund...... How long does the Postponement take

3 minutes ago, WR 1.0 said:

Hectic indeed, using semantics to avoid a refund...... How long does the Postponement take

Jip ... 🤦‍♂️

Edited by ChrisF

It's not just the cyclist who has a contractual obligation to do x,y and z, and then just forfeit the entry fee.

The organiser's contractual obligation was to negotiate and get approval, and keep to their sales promise and conditions of partial road closure.

The fact that they never had permission for the event, means they are in breach of contract as they did not fulfill their obligations. They are also devious in their actions (taking entries the day before the event) and misleading and not forthcoming in their comm as they NEVER had the nod to go ahead.

People drove from Bloemfontein for the event, for goodness sake.

I say everyone demands a refund. Apply Pressure.

CSA must ban HP from ever running a cycling event again. 

This is fraud. Plain and simple. They knew the costs of running the event yet took money from entrants even when they suspected that they could not fulfil on their contractual obligations. 

I’ve asked Gauteng Cycling to help organisers by having a rating system, and a verification system. This also needs to include some rating from participants. This way there is a perceived trust in the organiser, and hopefully helps cyclists decide who to support, and who not. There’s nothing in place yet, and I hope everyone involved can see it through.