Winelands Trails - Expanded Regional Permit

JayLow

Launching 1 December - Wine Lands Trails launches #theultimatepermit
1300 kilometres of trails access under 1 permit.

The full offering for 2023 now includes:

A-Z Grabouw, Banhoek Conservancy, Boschendal trails, Bottelary Hills Conservancy trails, Elgin Valley trails, Franschhoek trails, Fruitways Farms trails, Grabouw trails, Helderberg trails, MTO Jonkershoek trails, Oak Valley trails, Paarl Trails, Plaisir trails, Stellenbosch Trail Fund trails, Van Loveren trails, Wellington trails (Wild Boar & Scouts) and Wine Lands Cycling Club trails.

https://mtbroutes.co.za/news/wine-lands-trails-launches-theultimatepermit/

This is great!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ja - I'll stick with the daypass

I'm not going to spend 1k on the Tygerberg board and another almost 2k on a winelands board all so that I maybe only ride there 6 or maybe 7 times a year

2 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

ja - I'll stick with the daypass

I'm not going to spend 1k on the Tygerberg board and another almost 2k on a winelands board all so that I maybe only ride there 6 or maybe 7 times a year

Awesome for the locals. I feel the same about a TMBC membership - I'll get a day pass for the twice a year I ride out that side.... 

You're missing out if you only ride our trails a few times a year, we have all the good ones ;)

Edited by Grease_Monkey

16 minutes ago, Grease_Monkey said:

You're missing out if you only ride our trails a few times a year, we have all the good ones ;)

I won't pretend that this is not true.

You don't only have all the good ones. You have the BEST ones, by a very huge margin.

Sadly with my and the missus working this side of town, driving there more than I want is getting too pricey.

1 hour ago, Grease_Monkey said:

Awesome for the locals. I feel the same about a TMBC membership - I'll get a day pass for the twice a year I ride out that side.... 

Ja, vryf dit in ....

Good deal for the locals.

Now if only Tygerberg and Bottelary could do a deal ....

Where does one buy this permit?

edit: nvm, i assume its the ‘ launching 1 dec 22 website’

Edited by MORNE

I really hope the tygerburm boards are a better colour next year. These green winelands boards look premium and will go nicely with my bike😅

4 minutes ago, MORNE said:

I really hope the tygerburm boards are a better colour next year. These green winelands boards look premium and will go nicely with my bike😅

Winelands boards are a different colour every year as far as I know.

2 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Winelands boards are a different colour every year as far as I know.

With so many trails using a similar board shape it is only the colour that helps the trail police ....

And each club changes colour each year ... for the same reason, no other way to check trail use ...

Since permit valid for 13 months(and not 12), equates to R138 per month, sure seems to offer a lot of variety?

Nice idea, someone clearly put some thought in. Now to get Tokai/ TMNP to join in 2024!

15 hours ago, Grease_Monkey said:

Problem is you can' really ride TBMC properly with a day pass - at least not one and even with more than one the member only corridors still make it annoying.

Mtb event next weekend, 3rd Dec at Somerbosch. Only R250 to enter and includes burger and beer. One of the prizes is a Wine Lands 2023 Regional Membership. Looks like only 200 entries available... I like those odds 😏