Who to Watch at the 2023 Attakwas Extreme

News bot

The traditional mountain biking season opener, the Momentum Medical Scheme Attakwas Extreme, presented by Biogen, will once again feature a stellar elite field. Headlined by the record holder, Wessel Botha, and the 2020 winner, Matt Beers, the men’s race is sure to be fiercely contested. The women’s race is likely to be a battle between […]

View full article

Looking forward but can't take seriously the much touted (women's) rider previously busted for doping....I see her too often sitting on a male rear wheel so I'm rooting for Sam!

3 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Looking forward but can't take seriously the much touted (women's) rider previously busted for doping....I see her too often sitting on a male rear wheel so I'm rooting for Sam!

Technically she wasn't busted for "doping" 😈

Though race this that always attracts the hard men of the sport, and sometimes the not so hard.

I'm rooting for Yolande all the way, one of the most consistent and hardest working ladies in the sport locally.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

1 hour ago, Skubarra said:

Technically she wasn't busted for "doping" 😈

A masking agent isn't doping? Kind of like fraudster deleting a file.

Nice preview, particularly for the elite women. For Sam Sanders and Sarah Hill in particular, both will be hungry and capable for a result.

Would be worthwhile mentioning that Buys is the reigning XCM and XCO champ however.

15 hours ago, love2fly said:

A masking agent isn't doping? Kind of like fraudster deleting a file.

Deleting a file does not make you a fraudster.

So glad I never committed to this, what a brutal ride (even if you take it easy). Let's hope that 45deg heat from last year stays away and there is some close racing (not 38min gaps)!

2 hours ago, babse said:

So glad I never committed to this, what a brutal ride (even if you take it easy). Let's hope that 45deg heat from last year stays away and there is some close racing (not 38min gaps)!

Heck of a tough ride, but at the same time super rewarding. 

1 hour ago, Wyatt Earp said:

Heck of a tough ride, but at the same time super rewarding. 

Yeah that last 1km descend into pine creek is super rewarding 🤣

Looks like a bit of rain.. Number 9 how insane is that,, only going because all my PE peeps are going. Planning a mello ride. Over the years I have tried all kind of strategies- but only being like 66kgs that last 30ks kills me every year.

47 minutes ago, babse said:

Yeah that last 1km descend into pine creek is super rewarding 🤣

I didn't dare look anywhere but straight being on a rigid fork.