[EVENT] Tour de PPA

Jbr

Visserhoek on Tour de PPA ?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the race will go over Vissershok ?

• Yes
    • No

My seeding is a shambles so ended up starting in D.

Race started fairly quickly because the "neutral zone" is all downhill so everyone on that section becomes Prime Peter Sagan. Seemed everyone managed to make it to Fisantekraal but I knew that after the Fruit Sellers intersection, that's where it would get spicy as those constant drags up toward the R44 begin, I sat as long as I could with the front guys and we opened up quite a gap but then dropped off form the main breakaway about 1km before the turn(more damage control knowing there was a long way to go ahead) and they were never seen again (Looking at the finish times, They actually caught C bunch then finished comfortably in the main C bunch), Anyway, on the R44 just before the left turn at the robots toward Malmesbury where we were still averaging around 38+km/h the bunch kinda all came back together and basically rode all the way with the same faces on the front to the finish. Naturally toward the end a few guys tried their luck but no attacks really stuck, the MC2 guys rode well for one another, with about 300m to go I found myself boxed in on the left and couldn't get out in time to put in a effort for a sprint finish for 878547889756th place, So official result says I came 15th in the bunch which I will accept considering the day spent toward the front and all my time spent doing a few turns. All in all a great day on the bike, incident free, Well organized. Only negative thing was there was no non-alcoholic beverages on sale at the end as the announcer said to me the company who had the tender never arrived, So can't blame PPA for that, Atleast the guys at the coke table never hassled giving us an extra coke because there was no other cooldrinks on sale.

Sme nice pics available on www.photosport.co.za (and for free nogals)

(I'm the fat dude in the white top with black helmet)

2023_02_26_Tour_PPA_00422 (2).jpg

2023_02_26_Tour_PPA_00436.jpg

2023_02_26_Tour_PPA_00432.jpg

2023_02_26_Tour_PPA_00424.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Yeah I looked properly now.. Just saw the matte frame and was like whaaaat, since when is it available in SA... 

ive got the whole of bikehub witnessing @Giant Bicycles South Africa saying that i can buy the advanced 0 on display at the CTCT expo - i might need security to exit the premises though.

B bunch start, pretty hard racing initially, but slowed down considerably and for some reason the same 5-8 people work on the front, everyone else just sits on. 

Anyways, good to see some strong ladies racing hard and love this rolling course! 

I started in group B and realized very quickly I didn’t have the legs. Felt off with the urge to nap and got dropped. At around the 35km mark I decided to turn around and call it a day, but after some internal dialogue, which contained some swearing, I pulled up my granny panties and joined the C group. 

Enjoyed it for most of the ride but paid for it the last 12 km, started peddling squares followed by a craving for coco pops. Was pulled home by Craig I think, not his race either. 

4C88AFC0-1563-44D7-8843-9B54C5FA82E4.jpeg.49225e3a358eb308ec870e30b8836e4b.jpeg

Me sitting behind Mr KTMCEC6879A-E5E6-453E-BFCE-0DB143E7E504.png.d7bd3a38df64bf1ca69f702f394d4146.png

The location of the internal dialogue 

3 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

I started in group B and realized very quickly I didn’t have the legs. Felt off with the urge to nap and got dropped. At around the 35km mark I decided to turn around and call it a day, but after some internal dialogue, which contained some swearing, I pulled up my granny panties and joined the C group. 

Enjoyed it for most of the ride but paid for it the last 12 km, started peddling squares followed by a craving for coco pops. Was pulled home by Craig I think, not his race either. 

Me sitting behind Mr KTMCEC6879A-E5E6-453E-BFCE-0DB143E7E504.png.d7bd3a38df64bf1ca69f702f394d4146.png

i felt exactly the same - my wahoo was lighting up red LED's for the first 30-40km, and started getting stuck in my head. Hung on for a while later before joining a splinter from Group B which bunched up again with some C-Riders, i then got dropped again at around 70km (Philledelphia i think) and TT'd it home. 

6 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Well done for finishing, Mr KTM sure knew how to surge, unnecessarily! 

11 minutes ago, Giant Bicycles South Africa said:

👀

Ive asked ChatGPT to propose a press release thinking about the opportunity before you -->

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Cyclist Stages Spectacular Comeback on Cutting-Edge Bicycle

Cape Town, South Africa - Avid fans of cycling were amazed and inspired by the stunning recovery of a weekend hero cyclist, Bikehub Handle - KOM, on his new bicycle during the Cape Town Cycle Tour. After being dropped by his seeded group at the Tour de PPA on an older version of the same bike, KOM came back with a vengeance, showcasing the marvel of futuristic design in the cycling world.

The new bicycle, which was specifically designed to cater to the needs of weekend hero athletes, proved to be a game-changer in KOM's recent performance. With a lightweight frame and aerodynamic design, the bike allowed KOM to push his limits, reach new speeds, and easily manoeuvre through the toughest terrain.

"The difference between the old and new bike was night and day. The new bike allowed me to focus solely on my performance, instead of constantly struggling with the limitations of my equipment," said KOM. "It gave me the edge I needed to make a remarkable comeback."

The recovery on the new bicycle was a testament to the power of futuristic design in the cycling industry. It showcased the endless possibilities for athletes who are willing to invest in the latest and most advanced equipment.

As a leading manufacturer of high-performance bicycles, Giant South Africa takes great pride in producing cutting-edge products that help athletes reach their fullest potential. The company's latest offering, the MY23 Giant Propel Advanced 0, is a true marvel of modern engineering, designed to provide the ultimate experience for professional and amateur cyclists alike.

"We are thrilled to see our products being put to the test by some of the world's greatest weekend hero's. KOM's remarkable comeback on our new bicycle is a testament to the power of futuristic design," said a spokesperson from Giant South Africa. "We will continue to push the boundaries of what's possible and provide athletes with the tools they need to achieve greatness."

With the help of Giant South Africa and its innovative products, KOM is now looking forward to conquering new heights and setting new records in the world of cycling.

For more information about Giant South Africa and its range of cutting-edge bicycles, please visit https://www.giant-bicycles.com/za.

17 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

the Fruit Sellers intersection

When last did you guys see "Fruit Sellers" there?

No matter what time of day, day of the week, I pass there: Nada.

(THe name will stick, like The Argus for CTCT!)

1 hour ago, Akon said:

When last did you guys see "Fruit Sellers" there?

No matter what time of day, day of the week, I pass there: Nada.

(THe name will stick, like The Argus for CTCT!)

"chuckle" Fair point! One day when we do see fruit sellers hanging out there; everybody will be like, "WTF! there are fruit sellers here"

17 hours ago, APJ88 said:

B bunch start, pretty hard racing initially, but slowed down considerably and for some reason the same 5-8 people work on the front, everyone else just sits on. 

Anyways, good to see some strong ladies racing hard and love this rolling course! 

Started in B with you. Started working a bit in the 1st half and also realized if this continues ill be burning all my matches. Kept looking back and there was a massive amount of wheel suckers behind. Even 1 or 2 that still wanted to sprint to the finish after not even taking a turn in front. Was a bit frustrating but happy to have finished pretty high up and safely. 

Edited by Naidy

17 hours ago, Kom said:

Ive asked ChatGPT to propose a press release thinking about the opportunity before you -->

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Cyclist Stages Spectacular Comeback on Cutting-Edge Bicycle

Cape Town, South Africa - Avid fans of cycling were amazed and inspired by the stunning recovery of a weekend hero cyclist, Bikehub Handle - KOM, on his new bicycle during the Cape Town Cycle Tour. After being dropped by his seeded group at the Tour de PPA on an older version of the same bike, KOM came back with a vengeance, showcasing the marvel of futuristic design in the cycling world.

The new bicycle, which was specifically designed to cater to the needs of weekend hero athletes, proved to be a game-changer in KOM's recent performance. With a lightweight frame and aerodynamic design, the bike allowed KOM to push his limits, reach new speeds, and easily manoeuvre through the toughest terrain.

"The difference between the old and new bike was night and day. The new bike allowed me to focus solely on my performance, instead of constantly struggling with the limitations of my equipment," said KOM. "It gave me the edge I needed to make a remarkable comeback."

The recovery on the new bicycle was a testament to the power of futuristic design in the cycling industry. It showcased the endless possibilities for athletes who are willing to invest in the latest and most advanced equipment.

As a leading manufacturer of high-performance bicycles, Giant South Africa takes great pride in producing cutting-edge products that help athletes reach their fullest potential. The company's latest offering, the MY23 Giant Propel Advanced 0, is a true marvel of modern engineering, designed to provide the ultimate experience for professional and amateur cyclists alike.

"We are thrilled to see our products being put to the test by some of the world's greatest weekend hero's. KOM's remarkable comeback on our new bicycle is a testament to the power of futuristic design," said a spokesperson from Giant South Africa. "We will continue to push the boundaries of what's possible and provide athletes with the tools they need to achieve greatness."

With the help of Giant South Africa and its innovative products, KOM is now looking forward to conquering new heights and setting new records in the world of cycling.

For more information about Giant South Africa and its range of cutting-edge bicycles, please visit https://www.giant-bicycles.com/za.

This is gold :D