Gauteng champs: Lady riding over rider’s bike

Monique13

I was wondering if the lady in the Golf was going to be responsible to replace / fix the bicycle.  

Edited by Monique13

Yah saw it. Quite unfortunate.

Lady came up to start of TT and another car from the front with little space to pass. She bump the oke at a speed of 1km/h, he fell, she rode over his back wheel, he kicked a moerse dent in her door. Cops were there took statements. 

He was not a participant and his bike is very old - if that helps.

On 1/21/2023 at 11:14 AM, Monique13 said:

I was wondering if the lady in the Golf was going to be responsible to replace / fix the bicycle.  

If the "lady" is at fault, the "lady" should pay for sure .... 🤪🤦‍♂️

Just now, TheoG said:

If the "lady" is at fault, the "lady" should pay for sure .... 🤪🤦‍♂️

Less cost of dent in her door ?

Sounds like a strange and silly incident 

1 hour ago, Zeffer said:

Yah saw it. Quite unfortunate.

Lady came up to start of TT and another car from the front with little space to pass. She bump the oke at a speed of 1km/h, he fell, she rode over his back wheel, he kicked a moerse dent in her door. Cops were there took statements. 

He was not a participant and his bike is very old - if that helps.

why does the age of the bike matter ?

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

I guess it tells you that the broken wheel was not some space age carbon thing you'd expect to see at a TT race, but possibly worth less than the damage

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

Old wheel cheaper to replace vs a new Bora/Zipp/Roval/whateva.

Silly question, what is a non competing rider doing in that busy area?  

27 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

Old wheel cheaper to replace vs a new Bora/Zipp/Roval/whateva.

The bigger question is why were cars squeezing past each other through tiny gaps that don't exist, especially when its not safe to do so because a cyclist is there.

(I wasn't there, so am only guessing. Do we have to wait until Friday to throw petrol on this fire ?)

5 hours ago, Underachiever said:

So I rode past the start on the day. They start and finish was on either side of the road. Thus taking up the cycling lanes and probably 1/3 of each traffic lane. This is effectively a single lane road. All this created a narrow corridor which had to accommodate two ways traffic and the high number of recreational cyclists. 

It was a bit nerve wrecking squeezing between traffic, bicycles and competitors in this area. 

From the sound of it it’s just another tale of a entitled Fourways boytjie\cyclist but boytjie first and most in his proverbial cradle promise land. If that was my car this chop kicked, he’d be having “billy the bums” flashbacks without the end of night boerie.