Strength Training Routines

Graham S

Hey guys,

I'm starting out doing some strength training on my off days.

My week is looking like this.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday - Strength Training in the gym
Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday - MTB rides (Or gym cycle if I cant make it to the trails)

My question is this. 

Can you reccomend any strength programmes specifically for getting stronger and improving your riding?

I have looked at "The strength factory" programme thats around R550 for the most basic one..

What I am currenty doing is a full body split I used to do a few years back before cycling. 

Each day conisits of a bit of upper body and lower workouts, stretched over a 6 day period so by the end of the week you have hit all muscle groups. It then goes to a "B side" which has different variations but the same split. 

Would this be enough for strength training as its more of a wholelistic approach vs a "bro split" that focuses more on building massive muscle, vs my rotuine thats more of creating an athletic physique while being functional?

Any input would be much appreciated!

A lot depends on your goal. Do you want to cycle better? then intervals on an indoor trainer would be better than strength work. If you want a good strong useful body then your plan sounds good. You could even look at CrossFit as an option(just do it carefully with form)