Melxisdead

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/6/2023 at 6:35 PM, RobertWhitehead said:

Ok, first off, congratulations on the purchase, welcome and many happy miles 

2nd - https://www.competitivecyclist.com/Store/catalog/fitCalculatorBike.jsp - this link will help you with a setup to ensure that you don't get injured or compensate for a bad setup. 

3rd - 

Your saddle may need to be adjusted forward, on that position your legs are over extending and this will be bad in the long run (just note that I am no expert and don't know everything). 

4th - 

There is an app called "saddle adjust" on the app store / play store. This app will show you the angle of your saddle, try to get as close to 0 as possible. 

5th - 

If you need any other assistance / information / parts you're welcome to send me a DM or send it on this thread to keep me honest 😜

All the best and good luck. 

20230406_152245.jpg.a1744b318546e0068b89fe7f70a3233a~2.jpg

Thank you so much for the insights! I will definitely check out the apps you recommended and adjust the saddle. I could feel on the test ride that I might need to move it forward slightly. The seat is quite tight so I will need some tools to move it.

Sadly, there appears to be something wrong with my gears so I need to take this in to someone to have a look at. I should have been more thorough in my checks initially. The gears won't shift up after gear 4 or 5 so I think a cable might need to be replaced or something. Hopefully won't set me back much 😕

Perhaps someone in your area can advise on a good bike shop. Gears are easy to setup, and the LBS can adjust the saddle at the same time. This shouldn’t cost too much, and will be worth it in the long run.

I’d offer to assist, but GP is a long way from the WP.

59 minutes ago, Melxisdead said:

Thank you so much for the insights! I will definitely check out the apps you recommended and adjust the saddle. I could feel on the test ride that I might need to move it forward slightly. The seat is quite tight so I will need some tools to move it.

Sadly, there appears to be something wrong with my gears so I need to take this in to someone to have a look at. I should have been more thorough in my checks initially. The gears won't shift up after gear 4 or 5 so I think a cable might need to be replaced or something. Hopefully won't set me back much 😕

https://youtu.be/EPQKjGFZkIo

8 hours ago, Melxisdead said:

If you were closer there is many up here that can help you set your gears perfectly.  Hopefully you will find someone down there that's reliable to assist.

I always do mine myself, its really not rocket science if you know the basics.

5 hours ago, Melxisdead said:

Thanks @Bicycle Yard Zarras WESTERN CAPE I will try the tip in the video! Hopefully, it's just in need of a small adjustment. If so, I'm sure I can also figure out the seat adjustment. 

Will keep you all posted regarding that issue :)

Mel I just wanted to say that if you are near Zarras, he’s a cool guy, and I think a great source of knowledge for you. Don’t know him personally but bought a fork from him over the weekend (shipping it to Jozi) and he’s lekker. It’s definitely worth having a go-to for your bike. Obvs helps to spend a bit of money sometimes, or pay in their flavour (my LBS likes sweets haha. Also money. But sweets are cool too)