Suikerbosrand Loop

CraigCCW

Checked other topics on Suikerbosrand but they haven't been updated in a while.

I'm wanting to go an do the Suikerbosrand Loop, has anyone been there lately, and is it safe to cycle there alone?

Definitely safe to cycle alone. Only risk is if you have a fall down. You might wait for another cyclist or car to come past for a while.

Just now, Dusty said:

Definitely safe to cycle alone. Only risk is if you have a fall down. You might wait for another cyclist or car to come past for a while.

12 minutes ago, CraigCCW said:

Checked other topics on Suikerbosrand but they haven't been updated in a while.

I'm wanting to go an do the Suikerbosrand Loop, has anyone been there lately, and is it safe to cycle there alone?

Agree safe for sure, I was there about a month ago.  

8 minutes ago, Dusty said:

and depending on which cell network you are on you may not have signal in certain areas.

(I know cell C is a problem)

Not aware of any crime incidents at SBR and often cycle there on my own. Once had an unrepairable puncture and had a long walk and long wait for assistance !

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

and depending on which cell network you are on you may not have signal in certain areas.

(I know cell C is a problem)

Vodacom also an issue in certain areas.

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone!
Almost 9 months on from the original post, is it still safe to ride at Suikerbosrand?

5 hours ago, LouwrensB said:

Hi everyone!
Almost 9 months on from the original post, is it still safe to ride at Suikerbosrand?

Still safe, just take precaution with SA champs going through there in a little over 2 weeks and in an anti clockwise direction, a lot of people are riding the route backwards at the moment. 

Awesome, thank you very much for the feedback, everyone! 👍

Edited by LouwrensB