2023 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup

nathrix

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/12/2023 at 4:40 PM, Mtbiker404 said:

The Cape Epic dumb rule to take the time of the second rider. So much Nino magic lost because of this...

pretty funny that you call this "dumb".

There's actually not much on the stage wins at epic, it's all about the GC at the end of the week.

are you saying he would have won more stages (he'd need to be the best sprinter in the GC group then, unlikely) or he would have won overall more (bullcrap, that is measured in minutes)

21 hours ago, Hairy said:

image.png.57aa3a57b8b1b93947a7126b9d243c5f.png

Saw they posted a note on their site. 

EVOLVE FS - BB

At yesterday's MTB World Cup in Lenzerheide, there was a crash at the start of the U23 race. The frame of Swedish rider Jakob Söderqvist broke in the bottom bracket area. We were very surprised as we had never seen such a situation before. At the same time, we are relieved that the rider himself was not injured.

Immediately after the incident, we contacted Jakob on-site, took possession of the frame for detailed investigations, and provided him with a new frame for his upcoming races. This allows him to continue his training today and participate in the MTB World Cup in Leogang next week.

We currently consider this to be an isolated incident, but we take the quality of our products and the safety of all ARC8 riders very seriously. Together with our supplier, engineers, and testing team, we are already conducting a thorough examination of the frame to determine the cause and circumstances as quickly as possible.

Once we have further information, we will provide updates at this location.

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

Saw they posted a note on their site. 

EVOLVE FS - BB

At yesterday's MTB World Cup in Lenzerheide, there was a crash at the start of the U23 race. The frame of Swedish rider Jakob Söderqvist broke in the bottom bracket area. We were very surprised as we had never seen such a situation before. At the same time, we are relieved that the rider himself was not injured.

Immediately after the incident, we contacted Jakob on-site, took possession of the frame for detailed investigations, and provided him with a new frame for his upcoming races. This allows him to continue his training today and participate in the MTB World Cup in Leogang next week.

We currently consider this to be an isolated incident, but we take the quality of our products and the safety of all ARC8 riders very seriously. Together with our supplier, engineers, and testing team, we are already conducting a thorough examination of the frame to determine the cause and circumstances as quickly as possible.

Once we have further information, we will provide updates at this location.

Crash makes sense. Was wondering what was going on with his brake lever in the first pic.

With all the new coverage set up and that, is there a website that lists all the events, their times and where to watch? 

jumping between juniors on YouTube, practice/qualifiers on a combo of YouTube and GCN/Eurosport and finals only on GCN/Eurosport/DSTV…. It’s a bit hard to plan ones watching schedule.

8 hours ago, MilkManMike said:

With all the new coverage set up and that, is there a website that lists all the events, their times and where to watch? 
jumping between juniors on YouTube, practice/qualifiers on a combo of YouTube and GCN/Eurosport and finals only on GCN/Eurosport/DSTV…. It’s a bit hard to plan ones watching schedule.

I would have thought this qualifies as enough?
image.png.fe21a76cdae317fe5ca6a3df949c679f.png

Upoupular opinion:

Knife Cat | Know Your Meme

One day we need to chat about our faves, their form, and where its going. Because we're all open about this or that rider, but we "avoid" certain riders not to offend. Andri Frischknecht was being bashed everyday of the epic, but others do just as much nothing...

Edited by OVERDRIVE

anyone know on why Euro channel the MTB'in is on ? Other than GCN...

Eurosport is a "failure" atm as it's not showing to be showed, not impressed with Euro as a means to watch Discovery+ so far.

G

12 minutes ago, dewaldsss said:

Channel 951 on dstv

How do you select channel 951 please? 

4 minutes ago, dewaldsss said:

My dstv gives me the channel as part of the live tv list

IMG_2566.png

Thanks. 
Why cant life be simple.