Cervelo MTB

greyhound1

1 hour ago, greyhound1 said:

About time !

6D9B494E-9CB1-4D2C-B888-2AD1E10DFC20.jpeg

Hopefully more updated geo than the Hardtail.

Dogma also shown today, available March 2024!

Dogma looks way better imo. Although I am biased to Pina. 

This design looks a bit bland to me. 

Bit of Santa blur in there... Decent looking!

4 hours ago, greyhound1 said:

About time !

6D9B494E-9CB1-4D2C-B888-2AD1E10DFC20.jpeg

15 hours ago, DJuice said:

Hopefully more updated geo than the Hardtail.

Dogma also shown today, available March 2024!

Looks like 66.7° for the 120mm and 67.8° for the 100mm which is much better than their hardtail.

2 minutes ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

Looks like 66.7° for the 120mm and 67.8° for the 100mm which is much better than their hardtail.

Read a few articles last night, lot of Blur tech in the bike.

At first glance, did not like, but growing on me, the rear stay dropping still looks odd.

The Dogma is much better looking than their last bike and hopefully the pivots hold this time. Interesting the rear end being two different triangles with no bridge, but did nothing on the tyre clearance.

Awesome time we live in, so many great bikes to drool over.

PS. Always been a value for your money guy, bikes being Giant, Liv and Momsen Vipa. Titan Racing took over the space and really like their bikes, from the children to the top end, but I see big compition coming with the Signal Spectre around October. Personally cant see why you would tike the Cervelo above the Signal Spectre.

10 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Read a few articles last night, lot of Blur tech in the bike.

At first glance, did not like, but growing on me, the rear stay dropping still looks odd.

The Dogma is much better looking than their last bike and hopefully the pivots hold this time. Interesting the rear end being two different triangles with no bridge, but did nothing on the tyre clearance.

Awesome time we live in, so many great bikes to drool over.

PS. Always been a value for your money guy, bikes being Giant, Liv and Momsen Vipa. Titan Racing took over the space and really like their bikes, from the children to the top end, but I see big compition coming with the Signal Spectre around October. Personally cant see why you would tike the Cervelo above the Signal Spectre.

The Blur is a good bike to base your bike off of. Not a fan of the design, but a nice bike to ride on. 

I must agree that the Dogma is better looking, but not great that it only has clearance for up to 2.35" tires, considering how many guys are now going 2.4" and with wider inner diameter rims the tires are measuring even wider.

I am a big fan of Giant, always felt great from the first ride on them, currently have an Anthem and an XTC in the garage, and love them. Interested to have a look at that new Signal coming out, think it will be another brand shaking up the market a bit, now that a lot of people are looking for better value.

8 minutes ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

The Blur is a good bike to base your bike off of. Not a fan of the design, but a nice bike to ride on. 

I must agree that the Dogma is better looking, but not great that it only has clearance for up to 2.35" tires, considering how many guys are now going 2.4" and with wider inner diameter rims the tires are measuring even wider.

I am a big fan of Giant, always felt great from the first ride on them, currently have an Anthem and an XTC in the garage, and love them. Interested to have a look at that new Signal coming out, think it will be another brand shaking up the market a bit, now that a lot of people are looking for better value.

Clearly taste differ 🤪, I like the Blur type design (very similar also to Rocky Element) and hence also like this Cervelo.  Probably going to be k@k expensive like everything else these days .... 

2 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Clearly taste differ 🤪, I like the Blur type design (very similar also to Rocky Element) and hence also like this Cervelo.  Probably going to be k@k expensive like everything else these days .... 

This Cervelo will be perfect for you @TheoG just a bit more yellow than your Rocky currently has😜

You are absolutely right that it is going to be 💩 expensive😂

4 minutes ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

This Cervelo will be perfect for you @TheoG just a bit more yellow than your Rocky currently has😜

You are absolutely right that it is going to be 💩 expensive😂

I'm seriously considering this, with some component upgrades, much closer to a realistic budget ... 😊

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/dual-suspension-bikes/637017/pre-owned-merida-ninety-six-rc5000-l-bm8355

Looks like a deal with an "open mould" Chinese manufacturer.  

There is some nice YouTube content on this topic.  - (not to be confused with Alibaba)

They even have annual shows to showcase their products and attract well established brands...

:ph34r:

29 minutes ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

This is very nice, very underrated bike. The question is does it make you faster?😜😂

Not over the terrain we normally ride, only thing to make you faster on that is blood & sweat.

With the modern geometry however it will help me on the tech stuff giving more confidence and hence going faster.

It also got UDH so I can go direct mount DR in future.

I am still on the fence though to pull the trigger or not ...

2 hours ago, TheoG said:

Not over the terrain we normally ride, only thing to make you faster on that is blood & sweat.

With the modern geometry however it will help me on the tech stuff giving more confidence and hence going faster.

It also got UDH so I can go direct mount DR in future.

I am still on the fence though to pull the trigger or not ...

Bring on the blood and sweat😂 just take it easy on me going through the tech stuff when I am on the HT😜 

I think you should close your eyes and swipe your card🤣