• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice average speed - were you walking?

I wouldn't go as far as calling it "walking" 

This pic sums up how it felt

post-182-0-57068300-1441019765_thumb.png

The pics don't do it justice

We alternated pushing and riding to rest whichever muscles were about to explode...walking killed your calves and riding your back and quads...

That's why I only got pics of these few km's...good excuse to stop 

Beautiful place. The hotel was empty this weekend though. I was surprised that they were open.

When i was there (this was pre rennovations) so still very rustic. .. was just me and one other woman there the whole week. I loved it :)

This pic sums up how it felt...............

Zug sure isn't flat! Love epic rides!

Zug sure isn't flat! Love epic rides!

Zug is flat compared to Livingo (Italy) which is just down the road from those pics

This pic sums up how it felt

attachicon.gif2015-08-31_1307.png

The pics don't do it justice

We alternated pushing and riding to rest whichever muscles were about to explode...walking killed your calves and riding your back and quads...

That's why I only got pics of these few km's...good excuse to stop 

I think the picture puts your previous post into perspective.

Imagine riding a bike along this road...200km of this will get you to Rundu...I am sure some of the ex sadf members will remember this stretch of road...if i get to return to this area anytime soon i am taking my bicycle with this time...in the opposite direction it takes you through 190 km of reserve with lots of animals...you will end up at katima.

post-70852-1441026479,5266.jpg

This pic taken by Jaco.

post-70852-1441025789,0441.jpg

post-70852-1441026181,3745.jpg

Edited by isetech

No man!  Is that the road now!

Was a crazy road that.

Edited by Sepia

Imagine riding a bike along this road...200km of this will get you to Rundu...I am sure some of the ex sadf members will remember this stretch of road...if i get to return to this area anytime soon i am taking my bicycle with this time...in the opposite direction it takes you through 190 km of reserve with lots of animals...you will end up at katima......

Looks like the Kwando.

Btw The elevation gain from Rundu to Katima (500km) is only about 15 metres. Flat flat flat, and 90% straight too. Called the golden highway and built in the 1970s for and by the SA military. Before that there were only sand tracks between Rundu and Katima and it was a 2 or 3 day trip by 4x4. Afterwards it became a 5 hour drive. Did you notice how extremely clean it is? Not a single broken bottle or plastic bag along the whole 500kms.

Looks like the Kwando.

Btw The elevation gain from Rundu to Katima (500km) is only about 15 metres. Flat flat flat, and 90% straight too. Called the golden highway and built in the 1970s for and by the SA military. Before that there were only sand tracks between Rundu and Katima and it was a 2 or 3 day trip by 4x4. Afterwards it became a 5 hour drive. Did you notice how extremely clean it is? Not a single broken bottle or plastic bag along the whole 500kms.

Why would that be? (No litter)

Not enough bottle stores or not enough people?