• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

post-15825-0-10919800-1338142428.jpg

Along with 90% of Cape Town's cycling population... and people ask me why I moved to SA. ;)

Chapmans Peak's view over Houties...

Awesome.

Tour of Gauteng...

:-)

Will have to train more to expand it to the other areas. For now, just sticking to Jhb

I love to just get on the bike and head out.

I am amazed of where my bike takes me - I will start with the first pic taken with my cellphone whilst riding in the Hans Merensky nature reserve.

Please share your photos with us.

I am amazed of where my bike takes me - I will start with the first pic taken with my cellphone whilst riding in the Hans Merensky nature reserve.

Nothing Quite like riding in a Reserve where you are never quite sure what is around the next bend! Certainly sharpens the senses and adds an edge to the ride.

What an awesome pic- even better that you took the time to stop and take it! too often I think we get too caught up in the ride, the pace, the time etc and don't fully appreciate the beauty of being OUT THERE! Well done and thanks for sharing, it has made me want to get back out there 'soonest.

My wife and I spent the most glorious afternoon at Hillcrest, Kliprug and Contermans. Perfect, perfect conditions.

post-8720-0-52811900-1339351120.jpg

post-8720-0-25511700-1339351122.jpg

Edited by flymango

took me to the hospital. Fell yesterday and landed on my head :P but really.

Pictures required ;)

Edited by DJR

My bike is take me to where you want to go, feel great.

Yesterday, about 12km from home, Helderberg in the background. I am riding my 1995 vintage MTB and my wife on 'Petal'

Bicycle brings sunshine, health, happiness. :)

No pictures as I didn't get a scratch on me! I was on a bridge at the cycle park and it was wet because I was riding very early in the morning before my shift started. So I went up the second last bridge on Rolercoaster, no probs, but when I got to the top and saw the reflection of the sun in the wet dow that cover the surface of the bridge, I knew this might end ugly because of the camber at the bottom. But I thought if I go fast enough I might just I might just cruise over it. But no, halfway down the descent, the front wheel said "****you" and slipped out from under me and as I fell, I bounced off the bridge and into the bushes on my head. First reaction was to lie still and feel for broken bones or hurt muscles, luckily and thank God, none. When I stood up, I baked quite a serious bush pizza and vomited(anyone know why this might be?). Along with the vomiting I had an intense headache as though I had been beaten with a baseball bat. Anyway, I thought nothing of it and assumed the headache would go away. It didn't, and that's why I paid the Doctor a visit :)

No pictures as I didn't get a scratch on me! I was on a bridge at the cycle park and it was wet because I was riding very early in the morning before my shift started. So I went up the second last bridge on Rolercoaster, no probs, but when I got to the top and saw the reflection of the sun in the wet dow that cover the surface of the bridge, I knew this might end ugly because of the camber at the bottom. But I thought if I go fast enough I might just I might just cruise over it. But no, halfway down the descent, the front wheel said "****you" and slipped out from under me and as I fell, I bounced off the bridge and into the bushes on my head. First reaction was to lie still and feel for broken bones or hurt muscles, luckily and thank God, none. When I stood up, I baked quite a serious bush pizza and vomited(anyone know why this might be?). Along with the vomiting I had an intense headache as though I had been beaten with a baseball bat. Anyway, I thought nothing of it and assumed the headache would go away. It didn't, and that's why I paid the Doctor a visit :)

Smart man. Concussion?