• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

post-15825-0-10919800-1338142428.jpg

Along with 90% of Cape Town's cycling population... and people ask me why I moved to SA. ;)

My afternoon MTB ride through Marloth Park and next to the Kruger Park fence. Love this route. We usually see lions as well, but not unfortunately not today.

post-32956-0-97563600-1338217307.jpg

post-32956-0-98755100-1338217319.jpg

post-32956-0-40628900-1338217327.jpg

Hellocolour,I love that ride so much that when I'm short on time I sometimes drive to Hout Bay and do a quick ride over Chappies to Noordhoek and back. The only view of Hout Bay that is better, is from the Mast road going up Costantiaberg.

Lexx, pictures like yours make even a diehard Capie like me jealous. Big game is the one thing the Cape have a serious shortage of.

This is like a norm for us. We see these Big Game almost everyday. We are really blessed to live here in the wild. Last week Thursday me and a Friend went riding the same route through Marloth Park, and about 2km into our single track we heard this Huge Lion roar almost right next to us. We were scared sh*tless. So as we rode on, we half forgot about the lion, and at the one view point, one of the people living in Marloth told us that there are a couple of Lions on the loose, that escaped from the Kruger Park and are roaming around in Marloth Park. They are trying to track them down, but to no avail. So all i can say is, THIS IS AFRICA, not a place for sissies. :eek:

Hellocolour,I love that ride so much that when I'm short on time I sometimes drive to Hout Bay and do a quick ride over Chappies to Noordhoek and back. The only view of Hout Bay that is better, is from the Mast road going up Costantiaberg.

And a nice view to finish on...

post-15825-0-60608400-1338220255.jpg

Lexx, pictures like yours make even a diehard Capie like me jealous. Big game is the one thing the Cape have a serious shortage of.

Maybe not big game, but always something interesting in Koeberg ... taken earlier this evening!!

post-8720-0-03105900-1338224751.jpg

post-8720-0-86648100-1338224753.jpg

Europe?

Yes...Lake Echternach near Luxembourg.

I found the place by accident when i got lost.

Hi Flymango

Eland count as big game! I forgot about Koeberg, will go give it a chance for a change.

Yes...Lake Echternach near Luxembourg.

I found the place by accident when i got lost.

Nice! Reminded me of a bike ride I did along the Danube in Austria. One of the most memorable rides I've done.

Maybe not big game, but always something interesting in Koeberg ... taken earlier this evening!!

That's awesome...