Unlock Your Potential: Personalized Training Plans with FitPlanConnect! πŸƒπŸš΄β€β™‚οΈπŸŠβ€β™‚οΈ

Hey passionate runners, cyclists, swimmers, and fitness enthusiasts!

It's been many years since I've posted on good ol' bikehubsa. Every day I miss cycling. I'm trying to fill the void with running, but one day I hope to get back on to a bike again.Β 

Anyways - I'm thrilled to introduce you to FitPlanConnect, a new web app I've developed for all of us who are striving to reach our fitness goals, be it a sub-4-hour marathon or an intense cycling challenge.

Here's why you might love it:

Personalized Training Plans: Just tell the app about your upcoming goal, and let the AI magic provide you a weekly plan tailored to you.
Dynamic Updates: As you train and log your sessions on Strava or Garmin, FitPlanConnect adjusts your training plan. Your hard work this week? It'll shape your plan for the next!
Easy to Use: Simply sign up with Gmail, link your Strava, set your metrics and you're good to go.
It's like having a personal coach that understands your past workouts and continually helps you optimize your training. I genuinely believe this can be a game-changer for many of us, but I need YOUR feedback to make it even better.

Give it a try and let's achieve our goals together! Head over to FitPlanConnectΒ (https://fitplanconnect.com) and kickstart your personalized fitness journey today.

To infinity and beyond (or to the finish line πŸ˜‰)!

Β 

PS: I'm super keen to hear your feedback about how you think this could be improved - please email me (or WhatsApp me - some of you still have my number) and let me know how I can make this better for you

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, fandacious said:

Hey passionate runners, cyclists, swimmers, and fitness enthusiasts!

It's been many years since I've posted on good ol' bikehubsa. Every day I miss cycling. I'm trying to fill the void with running, but one day I hope to get back on to a bike again.Β 

Anyways - I'm thrilled to introduce you to FitPlanConnect, a new web app I've developed for all of us who are striving to reach our fitness goals, be it a sub-4-hour marathon or an intense cycling challenge.

Here's why you might love it:

Personalized Training Plans: Just tell the app about your upcoming goal, and let the AI magic provide you a weekly plan tailored to you.
Dynamic Updates: As you train and log your sessions on Strava or Garmin, FitPlanConnect adjusts your training plan. Your hard work this week? It'll shape your plan for the next!
Easy to Use: Simply sign up with Gmail, link your Strava, set your metrics and you're good to go.
It's like having a personal coach that understands your past workouts and continually helps you optimize your training. I genuinely believe this can be a game-changer for many of us, but I need YOUR feedback to make it even better.

Give it a try and let's achieve our goals together! Head over to FitPlanConnectΒ (https://fitplanconnect.com) and kickstart your personalized fitness journey today.

To infinity and beyond (or to the finish line πŸ˜‰)!

Β 

PS: I'm super keen to hear your feedback about how you think this could be improved - please email me (or WhatsApp me - some of you still have my number) and let me know how I can make this better for you

This is a masterpiece! Great app, thanks for greating it. Signed -up and ready to go. Only one flaw: It's says that I covered a ride of 30km which is correct but it indicates that my average speed was 5.5km/h🫣. That's the only feedback I can give. This is so amazing. Keep up the good workπŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼

Just now, Edrich876 said:

This is a masterpiece! Great app, thanks for greating it. Signed -up and ready to go. Only one flaw: It's says that I covered a ride of 30km which is correct but it indicates that my average speed was 5.5km/h🫣. That's the only feedback I can give. This is so amazing. Keep up the good workπŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼

ah that's obviously not correct.

Β 

Thanks for this. I'll take a look and see why it thinks the ride was so slow.

Β 

would you mind dropping me a mail on zayin@apextechnology.co.za - that way I can give you direct feedback

• 2 weeks later...

I see quite a few of you signed up and have been receiving weekly training plans...

Β 

I'd love to hear some feedback - if you have any?

Β 

Β 

Any such training site that requests me to sign up without being able to review what it is about, the faq, the pricing etc without being able to review if suitable for a persons needs will loose more potential customers than gain.Β  Just an observation for you!!

22 hours ago, shaper said:

Any such training site that requests me to sign up without being able to review what it is about, the faq, the pricing etc without being able to review if suitable for a persons needs will loose more potential customers than gain.Β  Just an observation for you!!

thanks @shaper

Β 

I'll add some blurb on the home page ASAP

Β 

fyi - there are no costs. We will add a paid tier later, but it won't subtract from any existing functionality

31 minutes ago, fandacious said:

thanks @shaper

Β 

I'll add some blurb on the home page ASAP

Β 

fyi - there are no costs. We will add a paid tier later, but it won't subtract from any existing functionality

Ive been riding for 20 odd years with undulating fitness. I'm currently on the comeback trail with a forced layoff after prostate cancer and have had good success with the Polarized/180HR training method as my main goal for now is lots of base fitness and at least 15kg weight loss.

Ive just resumed with 3 rides per week, (one shorter midweek and 2 longer weekend plus 1-2 gym sessions per week).

Is your programme something that would benefit me or am I better off doing what I'm on currently?

Just now, love2fly said:

Ive been riding for 20 odd years with undulating fitness. I'm currently on the comeback trail with a forced layoff after prostate cancer and have had good success with the Polarized/180HR training method as my main goal for now is lots of base fitness and at least 15kg weight loss.

Ive just resumed with 3 rides per week, (one shorter midweek and 2 longer weekend plus 1-2 gym sessions per week).

Is your programme something that would benefit me or am I better off doing what I'm on currently?

Β 

flip - firstly - congrats on kicking cancers butt

Β 

secondly, I honestly couldn't say. The programs are generated based off your training history and goals.

Β 

If I may suggest, login, link your strava/garmin, give it your goals and see what type of plan it generates for you.

Β 

If you feel like experimenting you could test both plans on alternating weeks and see which one works better for you

Β 

If you want to focus on weight loss you can also ask it to add dietary advice

Out of curiosity I signed up and linked my strava (its the same workouts that are in Garmin so decided I did not have to link that too)

Β 

How far back do you import data from ?

Some of the metric it give for the blurb before the training plan seem to be a out.

For instance the max speeds are way less than they should be.

On 8/20/2023 at 11:30 AM, fandacious said:

It's like having a personal coach that understands your past workouts and continually helps you optimize your training.

(How) does it 'equate / normalise' strength / weigh training for application to running / cycling training optimisation?Β 

26 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Out of curiosity I signed up and linked my strava (its the same workouts that are in Garmin so decided I did not have to link that too)

Β 

How far back do you import data from ?

Some of the metric it give for the blurb before the training plan seem to be a out.

For instance the max speeds are way less than they should be.

we use your 5 latest strava/garmin activities when generating a plan

Β 

I assume you're referring to this
>- The maximum speeds achieved during these rides range from 7.9 km/h to 12.2 km/h.

yeh that does seem odd. I'll investigate that and see why it thinks you rode so slowly

3 minutes ago, Pieter-za said:

(How) does it 'equate / normalise' strength / weigh training for application to running / cycling training optimisation?Β 

It's based on a a huge swathe of health/fitness/phsyiology information. Its able to reasonably infer ranges/abilities based on only minimal information

1 minute ago, fandacious said:

Β 

>- The maximum speeds achieved during these rides range from 7.9 km/h to 12.2 km/h.

yeh that does seem odd. I'll investigate that and see why it thinks you rode so slowly

Any reason it only uses the last 5?

I know nothing about making training plans, but I would assume you need to have a little more history than that.Β 

4 minutes ago, fandacious said:

Β 

computers...

Β 

for some reason it took your max speed of 7.88m/s and assumed it was km/h

Β 

I'll get our devs to fix that