La Vuelta a España 2023

peepeekaitjie

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be more exciting than the TDF IMO, more GC contenders who, on paper, looks to be closer to each other from a form perspective. Also, with the first week being super tough, it opens the race up with a further two weeks to defend, rather than a last week battle. 

Love me a TTT, but... A slight mishap can kick the GC battle into touch on a 14km opening stage. I hope that doesn't happen.

On the flipside, even if QS do well, the chances of JV knocking it out the park are great, so I guess the question is: who will with 2 grand tours this year? ho hum...

Should be super fun. Mauro Vegni will be wondering what he has to do to get a start line like this in May. 

Jumbo going for a clean sweep. Gee going for a valiant podium. Remco going and going, most sprinters sitting on the couch thanking their lucky stars they didn't get the nod from their team principle and an spicy day as early as stage 3 (which will probably be a dud). 

Anyone really think there will be much of a story apart from Jumbo v Remco for the GC? 

1 minute ago, Dirt Tracker said:

Should be super fun. Mauro Vegni will be wondering what he has to do to get a start line like this in May. 

Jumbo going for a clean sweep. Gee going for a valiant podium. Remco going and going, most sprinters sitting on the couch thanking their lucky stars they didn't get the nod from their team principle and an spicy day as early as stage 3 (which will probably be a dud). 

Anyone really think there will be much of a story apart from Jumbo v Remco for the GC? 

hard not to see it as 'Rog&Ving vs Pog' mkII... 

8 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Hopefully then we 'll get another couple of days of JV and Rog' slugging it out one after another on Remco after he racks up a decent advantage on the TT. 

This tour will give us a pretty good idea as to how close Remco is to Vingegaard.

Also curious to see how Jumbo plays this. On paper Vingegaard is by far the strongest rider out there, but Roglic will want to win as well. Should be nice and exciting. Pity Pogi wont be there but I guess he needs the rest. I’m sure he’ll throw everything into IlLombardia now to make it 3 on the bounce.

19 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Pog is sitting this one out! Almeida is the lead for UAE

1 hour ago, Dirt Tracker said:

Hopefully then we 'll get another couple of days of JV and Rog' slugging it out one after another on Remco after he racks up a decent advantage on the TT. 

it's a team TT, so it'll be interesting to see how QS play this. Seeing as JV have some decent riders on deck and Rohan Dennis to advise, I'd say advantage JV from day#1

2 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

it's a team TT, so it'll be interesting to see how QS play this. Seeing as JV have some decent riders on deck and Rohan Dennis to advise, I'd say advantage JV from day#1

I was meaning the ITT on Stage 10.

stage-10-profile.jpg.579fab050805875fdf38ee888452f11a.jpg

2 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

Have to agree with this.

With that squad, bumble bees should take first yellow and hold for a bit...

17 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

Agree, Primoz and Jonas tag team, I dont think Remco stand a chance, not even Tadej could deal with that.

I know it's a completely different beast, but I love the absolute change in tune with the two/multiple leader 'solution'.

JV do it successfully once or twice and suddenly it's brilliant, but Movistar did it for years with nothing but hate..... 

If JV get it wrong, will everyone blame form, fatigue and bad luck or will they point to the multiple leader setup as the culprit, as everyone did with Movistar?