Year model is important folks!!

440MTB

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

This argument is kind of moot for boutique brands who dont update their frames every year. So for intance….do you own a 2019 bike (first release, but still the latest version) in 2023 or do you own a 2023 bike because you bought it NIB mint sauce in 2023?

moral of the story….buy less mass produced bikes? 😅

one would assume the one bike had 4 more years of use, or wear and tear.

21 minutes ago, Hairy said:

IF ONLY ONE COULD COMMENT ON THE ADDS AND CORRECT THEM

So that this thread can play out 20 times a day on each advert and still not have a resolution 😉

22 minutes ago, Nick said:

So that this thread can play out 20 times a day on each advert and still not have a resolution 😉

The biggest advantage with the user comments on adds, was also the biggest flaw with users comments on adds.

I have seen so many bikes with the wrong year model and even some with no year model.

The age does make a difference in the value, some people might think or have been told wrong but alot know it's worth more if it's newer and just ly 🤥 

Just now, Me rida my bicycle said:

I have seen so many bikes with the wrong year model and even some with no year model.

The age does make a difference in the value, some people might think or have been told wrong but alot know it's worth more if it's newer and just ly 🤥 

One years difference in a model can also lead to geo changes in the frame

2 hours ago, 440MTB said:

But the fact that it's two years older, definitely has an impact on resale value/appeal to potential buyers, regardless whether the specs are the same. More wear on everything... two years extra on a bike is the difference between mint, and heavily worn out (especially if ridden often and not maintained well).

Strange, I think this is a bit of a strange way to look at a bike. What the hell does the year matter? I did the 361 this year and got 830km out of a brand new drive train, What good is the year model now?

You are talking about the frame year model. Erm this is the thing that gets the least wear and tear. I would be more interested in the state of the drive train and the fork and shock. To be honest a bike is the sum of its parts. The age of the frame is of no consequence at all.

Donder the mind boggels....

MOD NOTE:

Please let's keep this on topic about year models.

Bring Back The Comments 2.0 won't be tolerated.

If you spot an incorrect year model, please hit the report button at the bottom of the advert. Include some information why it's not the year model it claims to be and which year model it may be (it's not always easy to tell). Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Dicky DQ said:

Strange, I think this is a bit of a strange way to look at a bike. What the hell does the year matter? I did the 361 this year and got 830km out of a brand new drive train, What good is the year model now?

You are talking about the frame year model. Erm this is the thing that gets the least wear and tear. I would be more interested in the state of the drive train and the fork and shock. To be honest a bike is the sum of its parts. The age of the frame is of no consequence at all.

Donder the mind boggels....

Until the frame snaps because of fatigue/age and you fall that you need a gynaecologist...