SRAM Announce Eagle Powertrain

News bot

Today SRAM unveiled their new Eagle Powertrain E-MTB system. Merging SRAM’s key technologies into a single system, Powertrain is designed to offer riders a complete, wireless, integrated E-MTB system and unmatched control. Check out an overview of the press release and the system highlights below. Press release Eagle Powertrain is inspired innovation, radical simplicity, unmatched integration with Eagle Transmission, clean and simple rider control, and AXS enabled personalisation. System Overview Go for unbelievable ease. The Eagle Powertrain power tune applies natural feeling, traction generating, technical move completing, controllable power to the rear wheel. Developed and proven with BlackBox athletes and […]

View full article

I knew when I saw Trek launch the Exe alloy with transmission there was a little wire in the photo running to the derailer , that meant there was so much more to Transmission than we initially saw and I didn't expect this but well bloody done. Impressed they got Brose onboard ...

13 minutes ago, Hairy said:

SRAM are leading the way .... again :)

SRAM top end Products are Really Good. (Exellent)

However their Bottom End SX is Really BAD (CR@P)

4 hours ago, BaGearA said:

I knew when I saw Trek launch the Exe alloy with transmission there was a little wire in the photo running to the derailer , that meant there was so much more to Transmission than we initially saw and I didn't expect this but well bloody done. Impressed they got Brose onboard ...

If I remember correctly in the last couple of months Sram did have a system for the e bike, where the AXS derailleur(not transmission) was powered by the E bikes main battery with a small wire running to the back, almost like a shift cable.

I don't care for any of this…sram or shimano….And it doesn't matter because i’m not the target market. Someone out there will love it.

I watched a youtube vid the other day of a drool worthy, boutique brand mountain bike and one of the first comments on the video were:

”why would anyone still buy a normal bicycle, total waste of time and money”

There are people/kids/fat guys out there who feel this strongly about e-bikes, and they are allowed to, they are wasting their own time and money imo😜

29 minutes ago, MORNE said:

I don't care for any of this…sram or shimano….And it doesn't matter because i’m not the target market. Someone out there will love it.

I watched a youtube vid the other day of a drool worthy, boutique brand mountain bike and one of the first comments on the video were:

There are people/kids/fat guys out there who feel this strongly about e-bikes, and they are allowed to, they are wasting their own time and money imo😜

I definitely won't be purchasing a 250k bike in my life ever 

but working all week with no time to ride and limited time to train and then get killed when i want to ride 30km of enduro on the weekend has me in two minds 

31 minutes ago, MORNE said:

4/5 years from now I see a levo SL in my life ....and that's also made by brose isn't it 🥷

There's definitely a place in my future for an e-bike. But I'm sure I won't work nearly as hard on an e-bike, so for now my *** does just fine.

26 minutes ago, mountainfun said:

..... a.n.a.l.o.g.u.e... How come that got ***?!

gotta love the forum filters .... :P

when the universe tells you that an "old school" bike is *** ....:ph34r: