[Event] KAP sani2c Adventure 2024

sani2c

Event Name: KAP sani2c Adventure 2024
When: 24/04/2024 - 26/04/2024
Where: Himeville, KwaZulu-Natal
Category: Mountain Bike

The Adventure is the second of the three sani2c events and historically has been the most popular. Starting on Wednesday at Glencairn and ending on Friday in Scottburgh, just in time to enjoy the long weekend at the beach with family and friends. No e-bikes will be allowed to ride the Adventure, they will be welcomed in the Trail.

Go to Event Page.

• 3 months later...

Regarding seeding, are there specific races that are considered to contribute to this? The website just states "Seeding for day one will be based on recent events and/or your last sani2c results"

So are all recent races considered or does size of the race come into it? Assuming you have never done Sani previously. 
@sani2c

23 hours ago, Mattman said:

Regarding seeding, are there specific races that are considered to contribute to this? The website just states "Seeding for day one will be based on recent events and/or your last sani2c results"

So are all recent races considered or does size of the race come into it? Assuming you have never done Sani previously. 
@sani2c

Good day. We use SA Seeding to do the batching for the first day of the event. They use results from majority of the cycling events to work out the seeing so it is as accurate as we can get it. However, if you do have an issue with your batch for Day 1 we will try accommodate your request as best as we can. 

• 2 months later...

Please tell me why EBikes are not allowed? 

Let’s get to the fact that the Cape cycle race had a 18% effective Ebike Entry this year! . That was mountain bikes, as well as road bikes, which were E powered. 22% of all bikes sold over the past year  over R50000 are now Ebikes

For my team and club to do the adventure 10 teammates the timing is not correct as we lose an “entire week of business” !

So we asking is it possible that we could do that ( 2nd race ) Adventure or (3rd final race) Race = we do not care if we don’t get a a placement or for that matter, we do not care if we are regarded as “did not finish” but all we interested in is riding the race and having fun. We’re going to be nowhere near the front!!

Inconsiderate indeed, of the race organizers. I hope someone else will come up with a race at the same or similar time more suitable over the weekend on a three day race that Ebikes are allowed.

Edited by Forthefun

3 hours ago, Forthefun said:

Inconsiderate indeed, of the race organizers. I hope someone else will come up with a race at the same or similar time more suitable over the weekend on a three day race that Ebikes are allowed.

If asking a question (tell me why…?) and SIMULTANEOUSLY stating ‘inconsiderate’, I think F-I-R-S-T wait for a response, and THEN go all ‘inconsiderate’….

(fellow eBike rider, AND non eBiker…) 

have you ASKED the organizers?
Cheers, Chris

Edited by Zebra
Spelling

1 hour ago, Forthefun said:

Let’s get to the fact that the Cape cycle race had a 18% effective Ebike Entry this year! . That was mountain bikes, as well as road bikes, which were E powered. 22% of all bikes sold over the past year  over R50000 are now Ebikes

For my team and club to do the adventure 10 teammates the timing is not correct as we lose an “entire week of business” !

So we asking is it possible that we could do that Trail or Race = we do not care if we don’t get a a placement or for that matter, we do not care if we are regarded as “did not finish” but all we interested in is riding the race and having fun. We’re going to be nowhere near the front!!

I am sure the Trail caters foe e-bikes ?

Is it not advertised as the e-bike event ?

1 hour ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

I am sure the Trail caters foe e-bikes ?

Is it not advertised as the e-bike event ?

My humble apologies. I meant the adventure or the race, dates. Ideally the race because then we are able to still attend to work and number of people are employed and it’s not easy for them to just take work off. It would be wonderful if this was possible and I’m hoping that the powers that be may allow us to be possible.

52 minutes ago, Forthefun said:

My humble apologies. I meant the adventure or the race, dates. Ideally the race because then we are able to still attend to work and number of people are employed and it’s not easy for them to just take work off. It would be wonderful if this was possible and I’m hoping that the powers that be may allow us to be possible.

Well then it's not the event for you mate

10 hours ago, Forthefun said:

So we asking is it possible that we could do that ( 2nd race ) Adventure or (3rd final race) Race = we do not care if we don’t get a a placement or for that matter, we do not care if we are regarded as “did not finish” but all we interested in is riding the race and having fun. We’re going to be nowhere near the front!!

With an attitude like this, I truly hope the event organisers don’t consider your request 

3 hours ago, sirmoun10goat said:

With an attitude like this, I truly hope the event organisers don’t consider your request 

What a strange reply from you -a person is asking why not-a bit concerned the race and trail is so restrictive and you coming out all defensive. 

in fact the organizers should view it as great compliment we even both to try and resolve this and hopefully change the policy allowing more entries to be sold!!

1) we want to spend R12 000 plus a person

2) we all know well there are  plenty good races these days and many at half the cost  

3)Entry’s are down tremendously with inflation and other issues, here we saying more will ride - constructive input 

Goodness me you must be California? 

11 minutes ago, Forthefun said:

What a strange reply from you -a person is asking why not-a bit concerned the race and trail is so restrictive and you coming out all defensive. 

in fact the organizers should view it as great compliment we even both to try and resolve this and hopefully change the policy allowing more entries to be sold!!

1) we want to spend R12 000 plus a person

2) we all know well there are  plenty good races these days and many at half the cost  

3)Entry’s are down tremendously with inflation and other issues, here we saying more will ride - constructive input 

Goodness me you must be California? 

The opening question was very much a demand, as opposed to a friendly enquiry. Followed up by accusations that the organisers are inconsiderate. Also, you make it sound as if your suggestion is some novel idea that the organisers had not thought about before. They are well aware that the weekend race suits most people best, but they have their reasons for structuring the events as they do.

I was not defensive at all, I made an attacking comment. And I am actually a South African 

3 hours ago, sirmoun10goat said:

The opening question was very much a demand, as opposed to a friendly enquiry. Followed up by accusations that the organisers are inconsiderate. Also, you make it sound as if your suggestion is some novel idea that the organisers had not thought about before. They are well aware that the weekend race suits most people best, but they have their reasons for structuring the events as they do.

I was not defensive at all, I made an attacking comment. And I am actually a South African 

From what I hear sani2c was where ebike vs pushbike threatened to boil over, mainly it seemed as ebikekers were streaking ahead then (selfishly / arrogantly?) holding up downhill racers on the iconic descents. Farmer Glen's decision was not an uniformed one - he (last I heard) keeps his finger on the pulse and has been known to give an ebike a spin now and then.

Today I heard that if you start in the last group and behave (as in ride respectively) on a E-Bike it’s possible to ride the trail and the race but you have to declare it’s a E-bike so it does not effect the results and you not be considered as a finisher-which is prity cool 😎 (finally organizers using there heads ) E-bikes should not be excluded from any race. I ride both bikes and definitely think its prejudice to bar E-bikes on any day or race -simply put in place rules preventing placing and finishing if need be. Wine2whales have got it right , u can ride a Ebike any of the days - just don’t expect a placement. On E-bike it’s about fun riding.