Felt F85 Stolen near Irene

Daniel R

Felt F 85 - Stolen

Stolen just outside of Irene on the M18. Just past Irene Country Club, please be careful on those roads. We were approached by 5 guys, 1 with a gun. 1 bicycle was thankfully recovered by the police and a excellent service provided by them. If this Bicycle is seen in any pawn shop or listed on Facebook or any other advertising platform please contact me. Pictures are attached to see how the bicycle looked like. Tiagra grouset with a Fsa Crank, mavic wheels with a felt hub.

071 266 7157 

IMG-20231021-WA0000.jpeg

20231019_193231.jpg

20231019_174343.jpg

20231014_081043.jpg

20231014_081040.jpg

20231014_064309.jpg

Edited by Daniel R

1 hour ago, Daniel R said:

Felt F 85 - Stolen

Stolen just outside of Irene on the M18. Just past Irene Country Club, please be careful on those roads. We were approached by 5 guys, 1 with a gun. 1 bicycle was thankfully recovered by the police and a excellent service provided by them. If this Bicycle is seen in any pawn shop or listed on Facebook or any other advertising platform please contact me. Pictures  are attached to see how the bicycle looked.

IMG-20231021-WA0000.jpeg

20231019_193231.jpg

20231019_174343.jpg

20231014_081043.jpg

20231014_081040.jpg

20231014_064309.jpg

Glad you guys are ok. 
I was the gent that stopped and chatted to you. 

2 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

I forgot to ask how you got hold of the cops so quickly 

Funnily enough i called the National Police line, but it sounded like these guys were just at the BP garage in Irene.

5 minutes ago, madmarc said:

Cool outcome - Just shows to post your stolen bike on Bikehub sometimes pays off - Hope they arrested this oke

A Bells to @Barry for being alert enough to pick up on this one 👍👍

GLAD the cops were willing to assist in the recovery. 

We can but dream of strong armed collectors getting bikes back and dishing out some justice .....  reading the violence of that mugging .... we can but dream ....

47 minutes ago, madmarc said:

Cool outcome - Just shows to post your stolen bike on Bikehub sometimes pays off - Hope they arrested this oke

Yes he was arrested.  See how that pans out if he actually stays behind.

Edited by Barry

12 hours ago, Barry said:

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the group of gunmen that have been targeting cyclists in the Irene/ Big red barn area. Hope he rolls on his mates and all 5 of them get nailed. 

hope so too.

Made me hesitant to ride out that way again yesterday, between that and the weather I decided not to ride.

38 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

hope so too.

Made me hesitant to ride out that way again yesterday, between that and the weather I decided not to ride.

Yea i kow how you feel. It is like we are under siege in Centurion. I don't venture out west over the R55 anymore i find the family and i end up doing a neighborhood loops.

On 10/29/2023 at 6:15 PM, madmarc said:

Definitely, I was not expecting anything to come of it but the community on here have very sharp eyes. Thanks everyone really appreciate it

Edited by Daniel R
Qoute

On 10/29/2023 at 7:17 PM, Barry said:

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the group of gunmen that have been targeting cyclists in the Irene/ Big red barn area. Hope he rolls on his mates and all 5 of them get nailed. 

I hope so, it's 1 out of 5. We are not too sure if this guy was one of the 5 or if he's the distributor but at least it's 1 less person listing stolen bike and 1 less person to hand the bikes over to be sold.

39 minutes ago, Daniel R said:

I hope so, it's 1 out of 5. We are not too sure if this guy was one of the 5 or if he's the distributor but at least it's 1 less person listing stolen bike and 1 less person to hand the bikes over to be sold.

I had my bike stolen in a burglary 2 weeks ago. I got it back the following day, and my saddle bag was returned 2 days later. Apparently, the went through 5 people in that time and the cops aren't sure who the perpetrator was. Today I received an SMS from SAPS telling me the case is closed. hey ho... 

I'm glad you got your bike back.  I hope the emotional recovery is speedy and complete.