VW Kombi (T6) 4Bike Rack - where to buy?

quade

6 mtb bikes, so need 4 on this rack and will use my towbar Thule for the others if they can squeeze in the space 

Just throwing this in here. I was at a shuttle day at Zevenwacht this morning. Pieter from VertoRack was there and was one of the shuttle vehicles. He had a 6 bike rack on the back if his car that also allows you to hook a trailer. Looks and works really well

1 hour ago, Jako De Wet said:

Just throwing this in here. I was at a shuttle day at Zevenwacht this morning. Pieter from VertoRack was there and was one of the shuttle vehicles. He had a 6 bike rack on the back if his car that also allows you to hook a trailer. Looks and works really well

Pieter will also be happy to manufacture something custom if necessary.... He is a rad dude. 

His service work, workshop, knowledge and experience of tooling, turning and fitting is phenomenal.

He also shreds his DH bike hard

Thanks all

The bike rack from VW is meant to live on the car and you pull it down when you want to use it, and you can operate the boot when bikes are on without any adjustment so the convenience of that was super appealing, but the price wasn't 

The other suggestions look good, especially if there is a 6 bike version (assuming the rack is quick to fit)

I'll add these to my consideration list 

1 hour ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Have a look at KAROORAK 

I have seen this at Bloemendal (or at least the same concept).  VERY nice !

Seems a 6 bike version will be a custom order, possibly marginally wider than the Kombi.  And then probably in the same price range as the VW unit, based on their website -

KarooRak (mtbafrica.com)

BUT - if they can make it, it would be the only option for ONE unit to mount all 6 bikes.

NOTE - that may well exceed the weight limit of the towbar system .... (depending on the types of bikes)

4 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I have seen this at Bloemendal (or at least the same concept).  VERY nice !

Seems a 6 bike version will be a custom order, possibly marginally wider than the Kombi.  And then probably in the same price range as the VW unit, based on their website -

KarooRak (mtbafrica.com)

BUT - if they can make it, it would be the only option for ONE unit to mount all 6 bikes.

NOTE - that may well exceed the weight limit of the towbar system .... (depending on the types of bikes)

Vertorack do a standard 6 bike order

https://bikenetwork.co.za/first-look-vertorack-6-bike-tow-bar-mounted-rack/

I saw prices on their socials too. A 6 bike rack comes in at half the one quoted above and it's in Paarl, so not far from Quade