Ryder Berm Lace shoes - anyone tried them?

PjT

My experience of Ryder products has been excellent. They deserve kudo's for making affordable quality products that show up the show pony brands who overcharge for similar products by up to ten fold. I have a set of their SPD's on my road bike - so far so good. I have just bought their Force saddle  for my HT bike which looks like a power saddle and costs R340. Yes, 1/10 the price of a fancy Spesh saddle.  It is comfortable, reasonably light and looks good. Those shoes look good and I bet they are far cheaper than rival brands. I will give them a go when my old 5.10's finally wear out.

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

My experience of Ryder products has been excellent. They deserve kudo's for making affordable quality products that show up the show pony brands who overcharge for similar products by up to ten fold. I have a set of their SPD's on my road bike - so far so good. I have just bought their Force saddle  for my HT bike which looks like a power saddle and costs R340. Yes, 1/10 the price of a fancy Spesh saddle.  It is comfortable, reasonably light and looks good. Those shoes look good and I bet they are far cheaper than rival brands. I will give them a go when my old 5.10's finally wear out.

thx, I agree, a lot of their products are good and solid, and at fraction of the expensive brands.

Mate of mine has that saddle, and also very happy with it.

I will contact Ryder to find out who in Somerset West stocks these, so that I can try them on.

If I buy, I will be sure to report back here.

1 hour ago, Jono said:

I know this is not what you asked, but its the hub...

Another option are Ride Concepts. I've been really impressed with them and the pricing is really good currently

https://getstokedonline.co.za/brands/ride-concept/ 

@MarcHD 

Also if you're not racing or needing xc efficiency go flats 🤘

Thanks for the advice and referral to Ride Concepts. Good looking shoes yes, however in clips only khaki which will get dirty very quick I think. Prefer black.

I have many times considered going flat; seeing as I am not a racer, more of weekend warrior doing mixed trails in/around Stellies/Somerset West primarily. If I get these Ryders, I can try them flat too, seeing as they have removable rubber section to cover up the cleats.

ryder shoe sole.JPG

8 minutes ago, PjT said:

thx, I agree, a lot of their products are good and solid, and at fraction of the expensive brands.

Mate of mine has that saddle, and also very happy with it.

I will contact Ryder to find out who in Somerset West stocks these, so that I can try them on.

If I buy, I will be sure to report back here.

The BOA lace version look rad.

I'm will definitely be in the market for a new pair of shoes at some stage this year and didn't even know those existed.

Good find

9 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

The BOA lace version look rad.

I'm will definitely be in the market for a new pair of shoes at some stage this year and didn't even know those existed.

Good find

Jip, I also like to BOA version - nice and clean look!.

Wondeing how durable the system is? thoughts?

I am also going to ask Ryder if they stock replacement cables/parts like you get with BOA system on "other" brands. 

Just now, PjT said:

Jip, I also like to BOA version - nice and clean look!.

Wondeing how durable the system is? thoughts?

I am also going to ask Ryder if they stock replacement cables/parts like you get with BOA system on "other" brands. 

I'd assume it's the same system.

I've got a few various BOA shoes, cycling and golf and the adjustability on the fly is great.

I have other lace up shoes which are romantically sexy but sometimes annoying when I tie them up incorrectly and have one marginally loose or tight shoe trying to keep up with the buffoons I ride with on the road who don't like to stop or be held up!

46 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I'd assume it's the same system.

I've got a few various BOA shoes, cycling and golf and the adjustability on the fly is great.

I have other lace up shoes which are romantically sexy but sometimes annoying when I tie them up incorrectly and have one marginally loose or tight shoe trying to keep up with the buffoons I ride with on the road who don't like to stop or be held up!

Great, sounds good. 

I just talked to someone at Ryder/Omnico, and he confirmed that spares/repairs are 100% available in the event that something happens. Waiting to hear who stocks these in my area.

3 hours ago, Headshot said:

Another vote for their pedals.  Lost my pedals in transit and replaced them with Ryders (as a temporary solution).  They were so good, i haven't taken them off. 

Just looking through and I don't see BOA mentioned anywhere ?

This might be their own cable ratchet system which likely won't be as good with backup as BOA themselves , just something to consider 

I'd be happy to be wrong , but did a double take and can't find that logo clear on the dial 

1 hour ago, BikeisLife said:

It is an atop cable system. Spares are available. 

Bolton Footwear are the local agents if you can't get them from Omnico. They're pretty decent with backup.

Yes but do they come in adult sizes? 👀

cant help but shrug when ‘local’ brands….who KNOW Safas aren't small people….sell size 11 max, 12 if your lucky. I wore a 9 in grade 4, 12 by grade 8.

id buy these in a heartbeat if they were available in 13/14 UK or EU49/50 lol.

Edited by MORNE