[Event] King Price Race to the Sea

Faces Advendurance

Event Name: King Price Race to the Sea
When: 31/08/2024
Where: Franschhoek, Franschhoek, Western Cape
Category: Gravel

If you are looking for a gravel race that will test your perseverance and skill whilst pedalling through some of the most breathtaking scenery the Western Cape has to offer, King Price Race to the Sea is for you.

The 100-mile (164 km) gravel grinder starts in scenic Franschhoek and finishes at the stylish Benguela Cove just outside of Hermanus. There will be six festive and well-stocked water points along the way.

We have introduced a 50-miler which is perfect for riders 15 years and older looking for a new challenge or those not ready to take on the 100-mile distance yet.

There is no better way to experience the magic of the Western Cape than from your mountain bike.

Go to Event Page.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Help!!!!!!

I cant seem to add the SASeeding Ticket to my name on howler. Any idea what i am doing wrong?

I also had that issue - you need to use a different email address for the SAseeding thing. I spoke to the organisers and they were aware of the issue, but said the workaround would not cause problems later. 

1 minute ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Sadly this race date conflicts with the Vine & Views race in Vredendal which is also the WP Champs. Would love to have done both 😔

Both are awesome events!

keen to hear when anyone has info about the cars transfers. I'm most likely going to be on my own on this one so will need a car transfer from franschhoek to hermanus on race day. Last I checked it wasn't yet available.

Edited by Jbr

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

keen to hear when anyone has info about the cars transfers. I'm most likely going to be on my own on this one so will need a car transfer from franschhoek to hermanus on race day. Last I checked it wasn't yet available.

Leave car in FH, get family to pick you up in Hermanus.
Do a Sunday recovery ride to FH to pick up your car.
😆

PS. 100% typed this as a joke, but it's looking like a good idea to me...

39 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Leave car in FH, get family to pick you up in Hermanus.
Do a Sunday recovery ride to FH to pick up your car.
😆

PS. 100% typed this as a joke, but it's looking like a good idea to me...

could actually work out, I did a 3hr ride after RvR... So we could go to hermanus friday evening, I drive saturday morning to the start and then the next day I go get the car back, and then bring the family home later in the morning... but we'd need a nice late checkout though, because cycling to FH on a recovery ride and drive back before 10 will be a bit tight

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, Just a question on this race (and perhaps in general).

Noticed last night that GPS devices are required for this race.

How does this work?

Essentially the race is not well marked or at all?

Never done this before and have always just used my Garmin watch for rides and races. 

Do you simply just upload the GPS file to your bike computer and go?

Wanting to enter this race, so can borrow a GPS device from a friend if needs be.

10 minutes ago, Chingy182 said:

How does this work?

Never done this before and have always just used my Garmin watch for rides and races. 

Wanting to enter this race, so can borrow a GPS device from a friend if needs be.

Unless something changed from last year you wouldn't need a GPS device, last year the route was marked.

1 hour ago, Chingy182 said:

How does this work?

I think they just say this because they want people to load the route in case of someone tampering with signage etc.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Hilton. said:

Here it is on Ridewithgps.com : https://ridewithgps.com/routes/47243894

I had to approximate a straight line on the rolling gravel road a few k's from the finish, for the updated 2024 route.

Thanks Hilton, got in contact with them as well and they said they will email the official GPX on Wednesday