..don’t bother us, we closed.

23 minutes ago, 440MTB said:

Heeeeeeey bru, howzit?!?! (Cape Town surfer/stoner voice).

Don't be jelly man... here in Cape Town we get money for barely working, beautiful beaches, scenery, mountains to plow down on our MTBs... also, you can grow dagga year-round... so what if the supplier is closed for a few hours a day bro?

Sit back, relax and enjoy the view... (oh wait you only have a heap of toxic mine waste as the closest thing to mountains up in Jozie).

🤣🤣🤣

P.S. The Gallows are beckoning, pitch forks are getting sharpened, and torches are getting lit... So herewith the obligatory: "JUST KIDDING!" 🏳️

That said, I'm sure there is logic behind this, perhaps they are understaffed, and the break over lunch time (like we all are required to take by law), is a welcome pause...

You can imagine with how many busy the main distributor of SRAM must be in SA at times... I've had good luck with reaching out to companies via mail or their Instagram pages in the past, have you explored these alternative avenues of making contact with them too?

Finally.. some good banter from WC!LoL. It’s all good. Absolutely all good. Just taking a fun dig at all the laid back folks.🤭

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Mtree said:

*Snip*
[Note the italics, indicating sarcasm.]

Hahahaha. I think I need to do this going forward too, seems like quite a few folks take offence to anything, and everything, even when said in jest/with a sarcastic undertone. 🤣

7 minutes ago, betaboy said:

Finally.. some good banter from WC!LoL. It’s all good. Absolutely all good. Just taking a fun dig at all the laid back folks.🤭

All good man! All the best, I trust you'll get sorted out before you can say "Slaapstad"! 😜

Edited by 440MTB

1 minute ago, 440MTB said:

Hahahaha. I think I need to do this going forward too, seems a few people take offence to anything, and everything, even when said in jest/with a sarcastic undertone. 🤣

Well… at least Bukehub can see who are using their lunch break wisely! 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, 440MTB said:

Hahahaha. I think I need to do this going forward too, seems like quite a few folks take offence to anything, and everything, even when said in jest/with a sarcastic undertone. 🤣

Seems to be a common occurence as of late, seems people are quite tightly wound overall. Combine that with reading for reaction and not understanding and we have a winner:oops:.

*CPT surfer/Enduro bro voice*, not us from CPT though, we are living the slower life here...

1 minute ago, Shebeen said:

I don't buy that one*.

They're large enough to be open. A large distributor really needs to be open to phonecalls during office hours, if not it will have a material affect on the bottom line.

LBS is always open during lunchtime, because often people will pop in during their lunchhour. Therefore the distributor needs to be open too to field stock phonecalls. Can't get it from CCS, well then off to Omnico we go?

*I do know of an LBS in my vicinity that is owned by people of XYZ religion and they are always closed on the time that XYZ religion deems it to be holy so they go to their XYZ religion place of worship. I'm sure plenty of people have over the years tried to go there during this time, and they have lost out on business. The plus side is they were normally the only shop open when ABC, EFG religions would be closed so they picked it up there. things have moved on now and bikeshops are way more retail hours (when do they ride?!).

I can't believe people still follow ABC, EFG, XYZ or any other religion in this day and age, and let it affect their business to such an extent.  but I guess this is not the place for that discussion because people will get offended by someone touching them on their ABC, EFG, XYZ studio.

Agree we probably shouldn't go there, its not Friday yet after all( and i also agree that alphabets are weird, but they exist😉) Was just alluding to the fact the Cape Town does have a large part of the population/ workforce who do subscribe to their different alphabets, which each come with their own rules during certain times of the day and also certain months. People just respect their obligations and work around them as best possible. 

i work mostly with people in the middle east, and we know how they are about their alphabet. You respect it and work around it. 

Anyway, cheers Bru’s! Keep Being lekker!

Can I PLEASE set the record straight?

I live in Cape Town, and I am yet to encounter this anomaly called lunch. I work 27 hours a day, 12 days a week. The reason I am as fat as I am, apart from my wife faithfully smokkeling foodstuffs I shouldn't eat into the house, is because I am unable to ride my bike between 1 and 2 in the arvies. 

That, and I live too far from the trails, and riding tar is for people who haven't tasted the thrill of pointing a mountain bike downhill in anger.

what were we talking about again? 

1 hour ago, betaboy said:

Tried calling SRAM local distributor, I get an automated message that they closed between 1 and 2? Is this a Slap Stad thingy?

I know a guy. DM your question to me and we'll go from there.

2 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Can I PLEASE set the record straight?

I live in Cape Town, and I am yet to encounter this anomaly called lunch. I work 27 hours a day, 12 days a week. The reason I am as fat as I am, apart from my wife faithfully smokkeling foodstuffs I shouldn't eat into the house, is because I am unable to ride my bike between 1 and 2 in the arvies. 

That, and I live too far from the trails, and riding tar is for people who haven't tasted the thrill of pointing a mountain bike downhill in anger.

what were we talking about again? 

You should remember your Bar-One for your 27 hour day. 

10 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Who is Baroness? And how does Baroness provide you with the will to ride more if I may ask?

IMG_0504.gif

Baroness is a very cool band from Savannah Georgia whose essential playlist I often listen to while riding.!😃🤘🏻🤣

4 minutes ago, Bichael Dewing said:

Baroness is a very cool band from Savannah Georgia whose essential playlist I often listen to while riding.!😃🤘🏻🤣

Know their music well, great album art too.

Edited by MORNE

8 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Know their music well, great album art too.

Oh Jon Baizley is an amazing artist.! I was actually back stage at a festival in Sacramento (Aftershock) in 2016 while they played and met him very briefly.. 

was one of the best experiences of my life..🤘🏻🥳

2 hours ago, Spinnekop said:

If you have been ANYWHERE near cycling in the past 25 years, your path would have crossed Cape Cycle Systems.
And if you tell me you have had a good experience, you would be the first guy I heard off.

I hope I did not bother your mid afternoon mid January midlife nap..........

I've had to deal with their staff as well as Lloyd who I think is a director or main guy and I have NEVER had a bad experience. Lloyd has even shipped me a part he had on his desk and have had brakes warrantees twice.

And yeah, they do close for lunch. Is that the end of your world?

Edited by love2fly