the unofficial Cape Epic 2024 thread

Shebeen

Did anyone see any news on what happened to Speed Company?

spectacular explosion or mechanical?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Did anyone see any news on what happened to Speed Company?

spectacular explosion or mechanical?

There is a clip on Instagram where George said Lucas had a very bad day.

Man this Epic...is Epic. 

@J Wakefield dead right Matt def on another level. I never comment on Alex🙂

Nino needs a teammate who can go toe to toe with the best of em the entire race. Did see Fini bleeding a bit there. 

Speed Company, Buff...riders in the storm. 

36 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Man this Epic...is Epic. 

@J Wakefield dead right Matt def on another level. I never comment on Alex🙂

Nino needs a teammate who can go toe to toe with the best of em the entire race. Did see Fini bleeding a bit there. 

Speed Company, Buff...riders in the storm. 

Let’s not forget that Speed Company won in 2022 and nearly repeated last year were it not for a bad mechanical. Buff have never been real GC protagonists till this year. The real mr consistency is Matt, although he has had a bad epic too.  Its incredibly difficult to prepare exactly the same year after year 

Edited by DieselnDust

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Let’s not forget that Speed Company won in 2022 and nearly repeated last year were it not for a bad mechanical. Buff have never been real GC protagonists till this year. The real mr consistency is Matt, although he has had a bad epic too.  Its incredibly difficult to prepare exactly the same year after year 

Reverend cleophus james church GIF on GIFER - by DianadarWe agree preacher 

the way Beers and Grotts have waited for the race to come to them....little drama...not over pushing the barriers.....mature riding 

its been great seeing the coverage here in the UK...there are a few fellow Irish riders doing the event...YouTube and X coverage has been great to see...

Edited by daveno7

1 hour ago, tinmug said:

Fireworks today. 

Just not with Speed Company. They’re way off the back and out for a training ride with Justin and Kai

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Just not with Speed Company. They’re way off the back and out for a training ride with Justin and Kai

Looks like it is over - Lucas has dropped out. He had a bad day yesterday.

EDIT: Stomach bug apparently

Edited by Smartie

"This is Africa. Rain is a blessing" - Stefan Sahm.

That is a lot of VAM required for today. And it will be slippery. Tyre choice and pressure very key.

There'll be weary bodies and minds today, which can lead to delayed reflexes and errors in judgements. Hope all the amateurs makes it through safely to move oh so close to their personal and team ambitions.

spacer.png

Edited by 'Dale

32 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

"This is Africa. Rain is a blessing" - Stefan Sahm.

That is a lot of VAM required for today. And it will be slippery. Tyre choice and pressure very key.

There'll be weary bodies and minds today, which can lead to delayed reflexes and errors in judgements. Hope all the amateurs makes it through safely to move oh so close to their personal and team ambitions.

spacer.png

I had to deliver a pep talk last night. There is a lot of conflict at the back of the field. BR’s wanting their IF’s to stay with them and hold their hand to the finish. Eish

Pity about Lucas. He didn’t look his normal self since the prologue already. They need to regroup and account for their new paradigm 

5 minutes ago, Vaultboy said:

Nino's so bored at the back he has time to fool around while Fini is struggling, shem. 

image.png.dedcaccb6ef421b60de8f80fc4060d9f.png

Nino and Sofia would both like to trade-up their partners...

Edited by Rowl
Shem😃

32 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Pity about Lucas. He didn’t look his normal self since the prologue already. They need to regroup and account for their new paradigm 

I have been saying that earlier in the week but I was attacked by the Bike Hub faithful. Already with the first stage Lucas was being pushed by his partner on some climbs. Eventually if you ride outside your body limits for too many days your body will shut down.