SA Road & TT Champs 2024

FootballingCyclist

Hi All.

Can't seem to find a thread for this event? If there is can admin please merge?

Well Done to @bleedToWin for his TT Podium yesterday.

Also, pretty sure there are a number of people who need to give the go ahead and sign off before things like these are approved and it's such a common occurrence on cycling platforms and threads, But you would think that your SA Championship would get the podium banner correct at the very least.

And then no podium, So they just found 3 different size logs?? Perhaps they sent Taun to find them LOL

20240202_091814.jpg

20240202_091722.jpg

Edited by FootballingCyclist
Added Images

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Back to the event.

Favorites?

For me, Road Race has to be Ryan Gibbons or Marc Pritzen or will the silent assassin @Sid the Sloth show them both up?

First question is elite mens and womens TT today. Small, but very competitive field!

Just now, bleedToWin said:

First question is elite mens and womens TT today. Small, but very competitive field!

Alan dark horse FTW. 

4 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Alan dark horse FTW. 

He was impressive at provincials so certainly would be foolish to discount him. Pity de Bod couldn't make it this year.

Edited by bleedToWin

50 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Gibbo has a good enough TT at this level I reckon, I mean he did win Continental Champs 2 years ago I think it was (Not even sure he has entered). Alan also in with a shout for sure.

On the ladies, I reckon Carla takes the ITT today or maybe Lucy Young.

Edited by FootballingCyclist

55 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Hi All.

Can't seem to find a thread for this event? If there is can admin please merge?

Well Done to @bleedToWin for his TT Podium yesterday.

Also, pretty sure there are a number of people who need to give the go ahead and sign off before things like these are approved and it's such a common occurrence on cycling platforms and threads, But you would think that your SA Championship would get the podium banner correct at the very least.

And then no podium, So they just found 3 different size logs?? Perhaps they sent Taun to find them LOL

20240202_091814.jpg

20240202_091722.jpg

Too funny.

Thanks for the thread and congrats @bleedToWin. Following!

IMG_9717.jpeg.eca11ca286b45380f96338a8f7b9ff31.jpegJa, it’s a bit sad that practically nobody is aware of the event as such, unless you’re a core road rider. 
Which is a pity because there’s a lot of good work and effort into the organisation, plus the potential of the venue.

Aside from the lack of SA Cycling media, there’s no basic programme (you need to download a 25page handbook) and telegram are immediately off putting to outside interest.

Edited by Danger Dassie

I really enjoyed the coverage the year it was in Pretoria. Live streaming the attacks up Tom Jenkins with the crowds lining the side of the road was amazing, but since then there has not been proper coverage. 

Way to far to make the trip to go and watch for me, will see the results after the race most likely.

That banner just say so much about Cycling RSA that I would not comment any further.

I always though this is a closed championship - it is South Africa Road Championship. How is it possible for UK cyclist to take part in this event

2 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Gibbo has a good enough TT at this level I reckon, I mean he did win Continental Champs 2 years ago I think it was (Not even sure he has entered). Alan also in with a shout for sure.

On the ladies, I reckon Carla takes the ITT today or maybe Lucy Young.

Hayley smashed it...
image.png.a3d65d5089f98ff8d17c6da72958000b.png

14 minutes ago, Akon said:

Hayley smashed it...
image.png.a3d65d5089f98ff8d17c6da72958000b.png

Isn't Emma Pallant an ultra tri athlete? She was even part of the Zwift Academy a few years ago, I think she might even have a half IM or full IM victory to her name. My money would've been on her. But congrats to Hayley.

53 minutes ago, Block said:

That banner just say so much about Cycling RSA that I would not comment any further.

I always though this is a closed championship - it is South Africa Road Championship. How is it possible for UK cyclist to take part in this event

Which UK cyclist is this? 

1 minute ago, mecheng89 said:

Which UK cyclist is this? 

Born in June, 1989, Emma originates from Surrey, England but is now based in Johannesburg, South Africa with her husband, and fellow triathlete Jaryd Browne. She is coached by two-time IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship bronze medallist Tim Don.

I assume he is referring to Emma Pallant, and i also assume she now has a CSA racing lisence