SA Road & TT Champs 2024

FootballingCyclist

RANT START

I think ITT champion is a pretty empty title, especially over here? How many ITT events are there on our calendar, or events that incorporate at least one ITT stage? I think for the elites there are many more opportunities for them to fly the colours. But for an amateur? Almost pointless.

RANT FINISH

Potential for a Friday thread loading..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BMCfan said:

Born in June, 1989, Emma originates from Surrey, England but is now based in Johannesburg, South Africa with her husband, and fellow triathlete Jaryd Browne. She is coached by two-time IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship bronze medallist Tim Don.

I assume he is referring to Emma Pallant, and i also assume she now has a CSA racing lisence

Plenty of athletes are born in one place but represent a different country altogether. MVDP being a prime example. He was born, and actually lives, in Belgium. But as we all know, he represents the orange behemoth that is the Dutch cycling team. 

Maroesjka Matthee was going to be the team manager for a number of Western Cape riders.  But she was hospitalised as a result of a hit-and-run incident in Worcester.  Thankfully eyewitnesses gave chase and the perp did not get away.  Not that it makes any difference as she cant be there for her team members.  

BEST wishes to the riders.

1 minute ago, BMCfan said:

Born in June, 1989, Emma originates from Surrey, England but is now based in Johannesburg, South Africa with her husband, and fellow triathlete Jaryd Browne. She is coached by two-time IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship bronze medallist Tim Don.

I assume he is referring to Emma Pallant, and i also assume she now has a CSA racing lisence

Yup - and she's full of praise for South Africa - loves it here.  I even think she tried to change Federations so she could try and represent RSA in Triathlon but sadly that didn't work out.

1 minute ago, BMCfan said:

Ryan just in with an awesome 52,5 km/h average

Lets see if that will be the winning one

He obviously made light work on that course. Must be those sick new team colours of his. 

1 hour ago, Block said:

That banner just say so much about Cycling RSA that I would not comment any further.

I always though this is a closed championship - it is South Africa Road Championship. How is it possible for UK cyclist to take part in this event

Much like provincials. You can pitch from whereever (for the GP champs at least), but obviously you won't be eligible for a podium spot or colours.

Very confusing and unnecessary. 

1 minute ago, mecheng89 said:

He obviously made light work on that course. Must be those sick new team colours of his. 

And thats it! He took it!

Would be lekker to see the SA Flag in WT races!!!!

3 minutes ago, BMCfan said:

Excellent work to RG!

Talking of SA Champs, I see Maddie Le Roux is down to race the Ladies Elite race.  She is one of the finalists for the Ladies Zwift Academy Team - I'll be holding thumbs - My Wife used to coach her when she was a Junior Triathlete and she was with the team when we went to World Duathlon champs in Spain - the same year that Emma Pallant and Richard Murray won the Elite race.

She's really chilled - nice and grounded so I hope she does well.

2 minutes ago, Andymann said:

Talking of SA Champs, I see Maddie Le Roux is down to race the Ladies Elite race.  She is one of the finalists for the Ladies Zwift Academy Team - I'll be holding thumbs - My Wife used to coach her when she was a Junior Triathlete and she was with the team when we went to World Duathlon champs in Spain - the same year that Emma Pallant and Richard Murray won the Elite race.

She's really chilled - nice and grounded so I hope she does well.

She rode so well at RJ947. She smoked them on the hills, and then the girls just started looking around and saw Carla riding off into the distance. 

35 minutes ago, BMCfan said:

Let's hope he gets to do some WT stage races which have ITT stages in that case.