Cannondale Launches the All-New Moterra SL: The Lightest Full-Power Mountain Bike Ever*

News bot

2 hours ago, Shaun001 said:

Yes, thats because a smaller rear wheel handles a bit better going downhill. I was saying it is slower rolling, there is a difference. You can say no speed penalty as much as you like. It won't change the truth. XCO bikes use 29 because it rolls faster on the terrain they are used for. 

Dude .... this is not an XCO bike, this rolls with a 150mm travel fork ... expect this bike to be fun and to rock around corners, over obstacles and be a little ripper, not a gravel travel speed machine.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Haven't nearly all the pro's that tried 27.5 rear's revert back since like 2 years ago already ? Even the shorties like hart is on full 29er afaik.

Debate what you want gwin would looi me on a 26er from 2001 even if i was on an ebike

But there's thatguy racing Red Bull Hardline tasmania on a new Spesh Demo with 26 front and 24 rear wheels...

10 minutes ago, Shaun001 said:

I don't have to. It has already been proven scientifically numerous times. Here is one such study you can have a read through.

https://www.hrpub.org/download/20171230/SAJ3-19910597.pdf

all those graphs and charts are about as exciting as a gravel mtb ride / race with the DSTV (Supersport) commentators 

next thing you are going to say this 150mm travel bike also needs to be fitted with semi slick race tyres at max. 2.1" widths and pressures that would impress a roadie from the 90's on a narrow roadie tyred bike....(though research does however note a larger volume tyre is more efficient off road.) 

1 minute ago, Headshot said:

But there's thatguy racing Red Bull Hardline tasmania on a new Spesh Demo with 26 front and 24 rear wheels...

there is always "That one guy" dude :P

1 minute ago, Hairy said:

all those graphs and charts are about as exciting as a gravel mtb ride / race with the DSTV (Supersport) commentators 

next thing you are going to say this 150mm travel bike also needs to be fitted with semi slick race tyres at max. 2.1" widths and pressures that would impress a roadie from the 90's on a narrow roadie tyred bike....(though research does however note a larger volume tyre is more efficient off road.) 

And Shaun would get whipped every day by this thing if it rolled full 26 because it has the power of "E". 

Am I mistaken or was this thread about the new light weight ebike and nothing do with what wheel size is best battle that seems to now have taken over.

14 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Dude .... this is not an XCO bike, this rolls with a 150mm travel fork ... expect this bike to be fun and to rock around corners, over obstacles and be a little ripper, not a gravel travel speed machine.

You clearly didn't read my first comment on this post explaining basically why 27.5 is a GOOD choice for this bike. I never said it should have a 29 inch wheel. I explained why XCO uses it. To make it extra clear, I think a mullet setup on an e-mtb is a brilliant idea.

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Seriously?! Just read the abstract and you’ll realise it’s not worth reading any further 

Ok I agree that 13 riders isn't really enough data, but I thought since you said I should do it myself 13 would at least be better than one? Just go do your own research online and you will find plenty of proof. Don't take my word for it.

What I am interested is how are you convinced that a 29 is not any faster? Please share your findings and try to convince me instead of just saying I should go do experiments. I am a man of science and happy to have my mind changed if you bring me the data.

58 minutes ago, Shaun001 said:

You clearly didn't read my first comment on this post explaining basically why 27.5 is a GOOD choice for this bike. I never said it should have a 29 inch wheel. I explained why XCO uses it. To make it extra clear, I think a mullet setup on an e-mtb is a brilliant idea.

Ok I agree that 13 riders isn't really enough data, but I thought since you said I should do it myself 13 would at least be better than one? Just go do your own research online and you will find plenty of proof. Don't take my word for it.

What I am interested is how are you convinced that a 29 is not any faster? Please share your findings and try to convince me instead of just saying I should go do experiments. I am a man of science and happy to have my mind changed if you bring me the data.

I am just here for the pictures