Zwift Academy 2024

gerriemtb

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

He proved that they were right to kick him out, he does not understand that being a pro cyclist is also doing what you're told, and not telling your superiors that they make "stupid decisions"

yeah, it shows he completely misunderstands what it means to be a pro in a top flight team. We wish him all the best in his future endevours though, perhaps he'll look back at the footage and realise his mistake.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fixation on power to weight ratio and peak power output is a limited view of what it takes to be a pro cyclist.

Road cycling is a team sport - it is also about being able to work well with others, humbly take instructions, serve the team, being a contributor of both energy and positivity to the team environment and, above all else, not be an asshole.

Weeks on the road, crappy hotels, stress fractures, illness, and the sheer exhaustion and pressure challenge of being a professional athlete will reveal character. 
The young German seemingly revealed his character only for a few days under pressure in Spain.

Well done, Madeleine - let’s see if she can graduate to the WorldTour level. That’s the ultimate achievement.

Edited by 'Dale

• 4 weeks later...