Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024

pdasilva

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, NC_lurker said:

Sure, easy if the data structures are the same...

again, where there is a will there is a way

Did anyone successfully do a sub for the CTCT and in time?

I released my entry and gave all my details to the person wanting to do the sub. He said he later gave up in frustration, as he could not succeed. 

Hopefully they will extend the sub period or open another window. Or just allow subs to be done at the expo, as in all the previous years.

On 2/17/2024 at 2:54 PM, Wannabe said:

I released my entry and gave all my details to the person wanting to do the sub. He said he later gave up in frustration, as he could not succeed. 

Hopefully they will extend the sub period or open another window. Or just allow subs to be done at the expo, as in all the previous years.

I've successfully done the substitution. I had an issue the first time, it wouldn't let me enter the details of the rider's place I was taking, just put me in for an international entry. Emailed them at info@cycletour.co.za and it was resolved the same day.

"Thank you for your substitution, this is to confirm that we have received the consent letter from the person withdrawing and you are now entered into the 2024 Cape Town Cycle Tour.
We will notify you of your start time in the week leading up to the Cape Town Cycle Tour Registration"

On 2/17/2024 at 2:54 PM, Wannabe said:

Substitute rider to contact them to resolve... I had the same issue and was resolved in 5 mins. 

I was actually directed to normal entry portal (still able to enter and pay normal entry fee) and no option to enter released entery details.

resolved and entered!

5 hours ago, K20Champ said:

When will the next lot of seedings be sent out?

According to the mail I got, a week after the event you did, if that is the reason why you didn’t get seeded already. IMG_3136.png.986c50761da7c3b7a5b22322985ff5db.png

I haven’t received mine yet but I also entered the Tour de PPA. I’m assuming that’s the reason I haven’t been seeded yet.

4 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

I haven’t received mine yet but I also entered the Tour de PPA. I’m assuming that’s the reason I haven’t been seeded yet.

Not indicated on racetec?

7 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

Same as me 🫣

Just out of interest, how does the seeding work for groups before 1A? Do you need to have a racing licence for those groups or can anyone qualify there?

Anyone can qualify there but they are age related so it'll be the best riders in the respective age groups.
Think you need a CSA License for $ but I'll never be in that group so I'm safe from the clutches of CSA 😂

$    Elite Men
@   Racing Vets 40-49 plus the best 17-29 not in $
&   Racing Vets 50+ plus the best 30-39 not in $
#    Racing Tandems

5 minutes ago, KingZA said:

Anyone can qualify there but they are age related so it'll be the best riders in the respective age groups.
Think you need a CSA License for $ but I'll never be in that group so I'm safe from the clutches of CSA 😂

$    Elite Men
#    Racing Tandems

Were do the racing females fit into this numbering system ?

5 minutes ago, KingZA said:

$    Elite Men
#    Racing Tandems

Yes, @ seems to be just age, as I'm "lucky" enough to start there, and I don't hold a racing license. At the weekend's Herald, I rode in the Open Seeded, instead of the racing vet batches.