Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024

pdasilva

On 3/3/2024 at 11:04 AM, erikt123 said:

Good morning all. I see Finish Time is recoding the race results. Does anyone know, do we have to have our own chip for this event. I have so many chips I get confused. If anyone can send a photo of what the chip looks like if needed, Kind  regards all. 

To Those who may know the answer, if we already have one of these new fangled boards that look super-pro, from say Ride Joburg or similar, do we still use those or are we getting new boards again for life/race/next buy-out? 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

ENTRY PACK ....  (goodie bag)

how can you forget this .....

Saved for last gasp Friday evening! After a few guys have registered..and realised what's inside!...🤣

Edited by capediver

So the rolling start i.e:  when you cross the line is gone, replaced by a gun start for the group.

This means everyone wants to be in the front of the group and save the minute(s)  it takes to cross the line from the back of the group.

8 minutes ago, Milosh said:

So the rolling start i.e:  when you cross the line is gone, replaced by a gun start for the group.

This means everyone wants to be in the front of the group and save the minute(s)  it takes to cross the line from the back of the group.

If there wasn't a pinch point getting onto Nelson Mandela boulevard 1km from the start, resulting in 80% of the group chasing hard to get back on by Hospital Bend, then this wouldn't matter..

then you could just sit anywhere in the group from the start.

But as it is, it is much more favourable to be near the front of the group from the gun.

It's not about the timing across the mat.

41 minutes ago, Jase619 said:

To Those who may know the answer, if we already have one of these new fangled boards that look super-pro, from say Ride Joburg or similar, do we still use those or are we getting new boards again for life/race/next buy-out? 

Question answered by watching the rider brief, completely different to the one I have. So never mind

1 hour ago, Jase619 said:

Brand new one at the Expo.

Previous ones were TEMPORARY.

Many of us have 3 of these temporary boards from recent races.  Must get the new and "final" one at the Expo

2 hours ago, capediver said:

Saved for last gasp Friday evening! After a few guys have registered..and realised what's inside!...🤣

If I don’t get my pack of lentils I want to see the manager

Edited by DieselnDust

29 minutes ago, Aidan Riley said:

Anyone selling a ticket for this weekend?

Various charities are urgently trying to off load the tickets they pre-bought ....

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

Goodie bag. we need to discuss the contents of it!

no picknpay we might not even get a bag anymore, you need to bring your own.

I hope not, the stress of finding a needy person on the way to the car is just too much….and the shame of just chucking all that soon to be expired stuff it in the bin if you don't is unbearable (for 30sec) 

8 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Various charities are urgently trying to off load the tickets they pre-bought ....

Hi Chris, thanks for the response. Do you by any chance have a couple names?

47 minutes ago, MORNE said:

I hope not, the stress of finding a needy person on the way to the car is just too much….and the shame of just chucking all that soon to be expired stuff it in the bin if you don't is unbearable (for 30sec) 

Haha, or recently expired

1 hour ago, Jase619 said:

Question answered by watching the rider brief, completely different to the one I have. So never mind

As I've understood it, the one we have for 947 is a permanent one and should work for CTCT.

I'll be taking mine with to the expo to confirm.

32 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

As I've understood it, the one we have for 947 is a permanent one and should work for CTCT.

I'll be taking mine with to the expo to confirm.

Please report back, yah?

2 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Please report back, yah?

might be a bit late for everyone else to do anything about it, I'll probably only go on friday or saturday