Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024

pdasilva

7 hours ago, madmarc said:

Was thinking the same thing - just takes that one guy to clip a cone into the group and the race officials will be standing there thinking HTF do we get that wrong !ย ๐Ÿคจ

That's exactly what happened years ago to the front of 1F (I think). Took down about 40-50 of us, was total carnage.

Just because some idiot thought it would be clever to try dodge round outside the cones and then cut back in.

We got front page coverage in the weekend Argus & centre spread in the Cycle tour book....proper celebrity stuff ๐Ÿ˜–

ย 

IMG_20190312_171347136.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

picked up some new numbers holders for the back of my race jersey. Really cool and functional. Will report back on it tomorrow after I fit and fiddle.

Picked up 2 sets of those too. Been looking for something like that for a while now, I loathe sticking safety pins through expensive cycling tops.ย 

15 hours ago, NC_lurker said:

That's exactly what happened years ago to the front of 1F (I think). Took down about 40-50 of us, was total carnage.

Just because some idiot thought it would be clever to try dodge round outside the cones and then cut back in.

We got front page coverage in the weekend Argus & centre spread in the Cycle tour book....proper celebrity stuff ๐Ÿ˜–

ย 

IMG_20190312_171347136.jpg

This bike here seems to be the problem, hovering in mid air with no rider on it. ๐Ÿซฃ

c8f28a4e-874e-4b3d-b0ee-6b8f76ff334f.jpeg

Edited by throttles
Words wasnโ€™t wording ๐Ÿซฃ

36 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I collects my number this evening.ย 
ย 

expo was quite nice with some real bargains on hand. Omnico had a huge stall and offering some helmet models on close out deals below cost.ย 
ย 

the cabal stand has some proper beauties as does the stall with the welded steel hippie bikes. Some beauts.ย 
ย 

it feels like itโ€™s getting smaller and smaller year on year, possibly a sign of the economic times.

i picked up some new numbers holders for the back of my race jersey. Really cool and functional. Will report back on it tomorrow after I fit and fiddle.

ย 

Talk to me about the helmets, missed this and might go back if decent !

14 minutes ago, throttles said:

This bike here seems to be the problem, leveraging in mid are with no rider on it. ๐Ÿซฃ

๐Ÿ˜† You've actually circled me! White & red helmet.

I was busy looking for the biggest, comfiest looking "mattress" to land on. Just remember going down and having others piling into my bike that luckily protected me.

6 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

Abus helmets also on special. Picked up a Stormchaser for R2700, retails at R3200

Those Giro's Bub Marley mentioned had very limited size & colour options when I was there on Thurs evening.

14 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I need to update some kit that is starting to look tatty. Is the expo worth a shot or do I just follow my instinct and order online? Has anyone ventured through the expo, and was it worth it?

ย 

Certainly ๐Ÿ‘

All the VERY best wishes for all the Hubbers riding tomorrow. There will most certainly be something for everybody.ย  Here is my advice to get what you want:

• If you are chasing a time, make sure you get it with a clear margin..........or miss it properly! Missing 3 hrs by 23 seconds REALLY sucks! Don't do it!
  • If you are not after time, then go for FUN! It is the ONLY other reward worth it at the CTCT! Chat to people, lend a hand, encourage others. Complement especially those youngsters stoking a tandem with their fathers or mothers. Stop for drinks and a snack. Look up and SEE the scenery.
  • If you ride with friends or family, TREASURE it. Years from now you will remember it as priceless and you'll be shocked at how few opportunities there were to do it!
  • If it is your first time, just ENJOY the ride, the day and the vibe. Forget about time, ride to finish it comfortably. That means riding easy from the start to Simons Town feeling like you are not putting in enough effort. From there to the start of Chappies it must feel like you are putting in just the right amount of energy and from Hout Bay to the finish it must feel like you are suffering a bit more than is totally comfortable.
  • Stay safe! Don't let the crazies force you into riding in dangerous positions in a group. Avoid the erratic madmen, let them go and cause others to crash. Don't get angry at them, they don't know any better. Keep an escape route open.
  • If you are going for the win (you listening Chris? / Neil?), then ignore all the above, just freaking HANG ON and ride on the verge of puking from start to finish.

I'll be cheering you somewhere on the M3, sitting on my MTBย 

10 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

i picked up some new numbers holders for the back of my race jersey. Really cool and functional. Will report back on it tomorrow after I fit and fiddle.

ย 

Are these the magnets or something new.?

10 hours ago, throttles said:

This bike here seems to be the problem, leveraging in mid are with no rider on it. ๐Ÿซฃ

Aaaah I remember this incident , I was just out of shot bottom left ahead of the helmet. Some mampara clipped a traffic cone on the left and had his own accident. The cone careered to the right right in front of me which I then bunny hopped. The oke behind me hit the brakes so hard he brought down the rider behind him. Thatโ€™s ย Kieffie ย in the warthogs top trying to sit up while youโ€™re looking for a mattress

10 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

Giro aether R3500 limited stock and sizes . There was a small and large left

giro Helios spherical R4000 down from R6500. Red black white and black available

kends kriterium tyres in 25c for R400

ย 

9 hours ago, NC_lurker said:

๐Ÿ˜† You've actually circled me! White & red helmet.

I was busy looking for the biggest, comfiest looking "mattress" to land on. Just remember going down and having others piling into my bike that luckily protected me.

lol you were one of the lucky ones. I think they stopped the race behind to clear this messย 

this was 2007, before the muizenberg to fish hoek main road refurb startedย 

10 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

Picked up 2 sets of those too. Been looking for something like that for a while now, I loathe sticking safety pins through expensive cycling tops.ย 

Could you post a pic please, would love to get some as it really pains me to to do the pins.ย 

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Plastic snap on pinsย 

IMG_5857.jpeg

BibBoards. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Stumbled upon their website their website the other day.

13 hours ago, RossTopher said:

Enduroseal is now making a road sealant.

Something I may be willing to try. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป