the unofficial UCI Mountain Bike World Cup thread

nathrix

3 hours ago, nathrix said:

Was also great commentating on the Men's XCO Elites race by Henrique Avancini

Yes he was quite a revelation wasn’t he. And now that he’s not racing anymore he’s super chilled and revelling in the Mr XCOBrasil persona.

his commentary plus Bart and Oil was very insightful. I did still miss Rob to provide zone 7 heart rate

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Yes he was quite a revelation wasn’t he. And now that he’s not racing anymore he’s super chilled and revelling in the Mr XCOBrasil persona.

his commentary plus Bart and Oil was very insightful. I did still miss Rob to provide zone 7 heart rate

I so want to like nerdy Ric, but he's just so irritating and his attempts to Warnerize his commentary is laughable. I'd be happy with Olli and Bart and a guest every now and then...

Course looks very technical and so may jumps added it could almost be mistaken for a BMX track.

Does that look technical?

Lots of jumps but the tech sections are short and mostly on pretty fast descents. I think this will be won by the person with the best climbing legs and doesn't get any flats or technicals.

I Can't see any of the roots/rocks etc troubling the top guys, so whoever can get clear of the group and attack on the steep stuff unhindered should be able to open up a gap.

I guess we will see, but IMHO this track looks pretty straightforward.

The dust and ruts will evolve over the next two days though

35 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Does that look technical?

Lots of jumps but the tech sections are short and mostly on pretty fast descents. I think this will be won by the person with the best climbing legs and doesn't get any flats or technicals.

I Can't see any of the roots/rocks etc troubling the top guys, so whoever can get clear of the group and attack on the steep stuff unhindered should be able to open up a gap.

I guess we will see, but IMHO this track looks pretty straightforward.

The dust and ruts will evolve over the next two days though

These young guns make it look so easy 🤣

After 3 or so laps they gonna be moeg getrap and will have to hit their lines precisely for 7+ laps  and also hopefully practiced alternative lines just in case that will not be so great which is gonna be tricky and very interesting to watch.

Edited by nathrix

8 hours ago, Rowl said:

For those that also couldn't find it (the Elite schedules):

XCC is on tomorrow from 16:25

XCO is on from Sunday from 17:45

Man! Missed it. 

Is the U23 not televised this weekend? The U23 XCC is currently on according to the schedule