Hardtail VS Full Suspension

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

getting my older HT from storage next month and looking forward to it...any bike is good...gravel....full suss....think about wear of bike and maintenance over a period of time...and what actually makes you smile on a bike...its about fun

I have a scott scale dual aluminum now very soft ride in the rear But had a merida carbon full racing hardtail it was quick and very light i do miss that hardtail But hard on the rear when doing 70 + kilos and sprinted faster than a softail.

14 hours ago, MatBlack said:

Did just over 18hrs and 210kms last year in some pretty horrid conditions on a hardtail. At that time...if i had any nuts left I would of gladly traded at least one of them for a dual sus. Some pretty spectacular conditions made me consider a DS...looking back i would still use a hardtail but just specced better for what i was doing.

Was a diehard hardtail fan for many years. For me it was 300km Tankwa corrugations over 20 hours that killed me (and the guys around me on FS bikes still looked fresh like daisies) & a 100km mtb race at McGregor shortly after where I was again broken and beaten by guys on FS bikes who I knew for a fact are slower than me. Made the switch shortly after

Not quite convinced a better specced hardtail would have made the difference but an intriguing idea!

I have several bikes of each category except downhill .As somebody that has gone over to the dark side on a gravel bike , i need to reduce and sell some bikes . I will keep the gravel and DS and the road and 'very nice ' hardtail can all go 

8 minutes ago, Phillippe Coetzee said:

Well its Official now.

Thank you for everyones inputs I do appreciate it. But this is the winner.

IMG_1603.jpeg

Should of got a gravel bike

Just now, Pandatron said:

Should of got a gravel bike

Tried one out for a week in the past, wasnt for me 🙏🏼

On 4/20/2024 at 3:30 PM, Phillippe Coetzee said:

Well its Official now.

Thank you for everyones inputs I do appreciate it. But this is the winner.

IMG_1603.jpeg

Awesome looking bicycle! Wishing you lots of happy miles.

Edited by _David_

25 minutes ago, LuckyLuke said:

Ready for swartberg100, only doing the half, didn't have much time to train, will be a slog going up swartberg against the gravels but there's a nice downhill at the other side to let it rip a bit😁

20240424_171502.jpg

With that steed you will be passing some gravel bike pushers the last 3 km of the Swartberg Pass to Die Top

@Prince Albert Cycleshave you seen Tiffany Cromwell and Valtteri Bottas? Would be awesome if they can pitch at your cycling outreach program or donate a few Canyon`s or $$$.