SRAM launch new RED AXS

News bot

SRAM have introduced a new iteration of the RED AXS wireless road groupset. Their lightest electronic groupset to date, it offers one-finger braking with improved adjustability, as well as faster, quieter front and rear derailleurs with more efficient shifting. In addition, the Hammerhead Karoo cycling computer integrates seamlessly with the system. Get all the details in the press release below: Effortless Performance. Effortless Perfection. Every part of RED has been refined to create an effortless ride. Light brake feel and comfortable ergonomics, smooth front shifting, fully wireless connectivity, and expanded gearing choices fit every rider and their needs. RED is […]

View full article

4 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

How many kidneys will this group-set be?

I’m just watching the cade media video on it.. £4600 😳🤮

Edited by Bichael Dewing
Cade media

Meanwhile.. I'm enjoying my loud and slow mechanical 2012 Campag Chorus 11 spd groupset on my 2012 Giant rim brake bike (weight = 6.82kg with pedals) crossing the finish line in 101st place.... whilst not worrying to charge another battery last night. If only I had this groupset...I could have made the top 100... the utter disappointment... will take it up with my mental coach next week on how to work through this ordeal...

Expensive but impressive. Force and Rival will follow. The extra cost for Red is also in the Hammerhead Karoo that is included in the bundle. It can be purchased without the Karoo but the launch groups have it bundled in.

its been a busy year over at SRAM headquarters 

11 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Expensive but impressive. Force and Rival will follow. The extra cost for Red is also in the Hammerhead Karoo that is included in the bundle. It can be purchased without the Karoo but the launch groups have it bundled in.

its been a busy year over at SRAM headquarters 

Bike 24 has individual pricing.
If I want to replace only the shifters and the derailleur on my bike, R40k give or take.

That is a lot of moola in the greater scheme of things.

Not doubt though, they will sell a lot of these things.  

Hopefully it will trickle down to force and rival quite soon...

Did I misread, but I did not see a semi compact (52-36) crankset option?

14 minutes ago, W@nted said:

Hopefully it will trickle down to force and rival quite soon...

Did I misread, but I did not see a semi compact (52-36) crankset option?

54-41

52-39

50-37

48-35

46-33

they use a 13t jump to ease the strain on the front derailleur and that helps battery life quite a lot. 
with the bigger cassettes available now I reckon the 52-39 would be my choice with the 10-33 cassette 

I use 52-38 currently with 11-28 11 speed and I use the whole cassette around CoCT and surrounding areas

5 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

How many kidneys will this group-set be?

I haven't confirmed, but I read that its between Dura-Ace and Super Record EPS (with Power Meter).

As D&D says, Red AXS includes the Hammerhead.

I wouldn't go and put 'Value for Money' in the sentence, but that is a nice value add (if you want the computer)

I imagine that the 1st batch to hit our shores are already pre-sold.

Edited by splat

1 hour ago, splat said:

I haven't confirmed, but I read that its between Dura-Ace and Super Record EPS (with Power Meter).

As D&D says, Red AXS includes the Hammerhead.

I wouldn't go and put 'Value for Money' in the sentence, but that is a nice value add (if you want the computer)

I imagine that the 1st batch to hit our shores are already pre-sold.

Price also includes the Red Axs quarq power meter crank. There will be a groupset option without power meter although if I had the cash I’d just get it with the quarq because they just work.

2 hours ago, peepeekaitjie said:

yeah cool but does the front derailleur work yet?

Its won quite a few races this year but might have just been involved and not participating 

12 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Its won quite a few races this year but might have just been involved and not participating 

I think the ones that were won was done on 1x systems

Are these chainrings one piece? Meaning you can't replace them separately?

Edited by Ruben Hechter