Ciovita faking review stats

SSCC

I usually read cycling clothing product reviews because its good to get feedback on how the item fits, wears, temperature range etc. It's pointless having product reviews if the company only publishes the glowing reviews that say how awesome the product is. The constructive feedback ones are useful. Those reviews that point out the good and the bad. Something like this jersey is well made but I didn't love the fit or fabric so am rating it 2 or 3 stars. Ciovita block those reviews which IMO is kinda lame and dishonest of them. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you, but I think you need to go read the definition of "faking".

How do you know " Ciovita block those reviews which IMO is kinda lame and dishonest of them. " as a matter of fact? 

6 minutes ago, SSCC said:

I usually read cycling clothing product reviews because its good to get feedback on how the item fits, wears, temperature range etc. It's pointless having product reviews if the company only publishes the glowing reviews that say how awesome the product is. The constructive feedback ones are useful. Those reviews that point out the good and the bad. Something like this jersey is well made but I didn't love the fit or fabric so am rating it 2 or 3 stars. Ciovita block those reviews which IMO is kinda lame and dishonest of them. 

Edited by Ozzie NL

LOTS of complaints about the sizing of Ciovita.

In fairness ... READ their sizing charts !!  Actually do the measurements, then check the chart and order as per the chart.  Dont let your ego overrule when their chart is up to TWO sizes larger than other clothing !!  When you select from their chart their tops actually fits very nicely.

As for their Corsa bibs .... not again.

2 minutes ago, karma said:

I hear you, but I think you need to go read the definition of "faking".

How do you know " Ciovita block those reviews which IMO is kinda lame and dishonest of them. " as a matter of fact? 

Faking, gaming, manipulating....

How do I know? Personal experience and not just mine.

4 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

LOTS of complaints about the sizing of Ciovita.

In fairness ... READ their sizing charts !!  Actually do the measurements, then check the chart and order as per the chart.  Dont let your ego overrule when their chart is up to TWO sizes larger than other clothing !!  When you select from their chart their tops actually fits very nicely.

As for their Corsa bibs .... not again.

Size was just an example. My review had nothing to do with size.

"As for their Corsa bibs .... not again". If you wrote that review guaranteed it would not be on their site.

1 minute ago, SSCC said:

Faking, gaming, manipulating....

How do I know? Personal experience and not just mine.

Not sold sorry. 

Ratings can be prioritised by recency, best to worse, most applicable, and not always simply "faked".

Just for transparency, I do not work for them, nor a fan of their kit. 

Just now, karma said:

Not sold sorry. 

Ratings can be prioritised by recency, best to worse, most applicable, and not always simply "faked".

Just for transparency, I do not work for them, nor a fan of their kit. 

Let's get your definition then. If a company screen all reviews and only posts the very positive ones but blocks the slightly negatives ones what would you call it? 

Yeah look, sizing is one thing, quality is another. Posting reviews selectively is called "marketing". No it's not "lekker" but thats why I never trust self reviews of product on any manufacturers website.

I agree with Chrisf, I'll never buy their Corsa2.0 bibs again. First I had two up going transparent on the bum panel now its three and these are not high wear bibs, Each has maybe been worn 10 times. 

I'd only look at their supremo range and up and the replacement policy stinks. They had known issues according to their staff an best they could do was 50% off on a replacement. I spent the money down the road instead.

Edited by DieselnDust

1 minute ago, SSCC said:

Let's get your definition then. If a company screen all reviews and only posts the very positive ones but blocks the slightly negatives ones what would you call it? 

marketing

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

marketing

Nah they should have the balls to show all reviews. Even Rapha, the kings of marketing, does that.

14 minutes ago, SSCC said:

Moderating the publics' view on them which is shaky moral ground but compared to what webuycars do its childs play 

13 minutes ago, SSCC said:

Nah they should have the balls to show all reviews. Even Rapha, the kings of marketing, does that.

I agree with you , but clearly they don't